Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Pendulum Sight

Old 11-22-2006, 08:03 AM

Default Pendulum Sight

I'm thinking of trying one out over the off season. What do you pendulum shooters suggest?

One question I do have about a pendulum sight, is what happens on shots when hunting on a hillside.Does the point of impact change?
Old 11-22-2006, 11:32 AM

Default RE: Pendulum Sight

Trophy Ridge Mantis
Old 11-22-2006, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

Site in at 20 yds accurate out to 30. hummmm With my carbon arrows I basicly use the same site pin from 20 to 30 yards. Are pendulums really needed with todays modern bows and arrows? IMO proably not. What ever you do don't buy a true glow - very noisy and lots of play side to side. I returned mine.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:36 PM
t3

another vote for trophy ridge mantis.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:21 AM

ORIGINAL: deertale

Site in at 20 yds accurate out to 30. hummmm With my carbon arrows I basicly use the same site pin from 20 to 30 yards. Are pendulums really needed with todays modern bows and arrows? IMO proably not. What ever you do don't buy a true glow - very noisy and lots of play side to side. I returned mine.
Thanks for the info on the Tru Glow. With the way my rig is set up, I'm two pins out to 30. If I can get a good pendulum that would allow me to use 1 pin out to 30 from my treestand, it's worth my effort to at least give it a shot.

Does anybody have any feedback for me on point of impactif hunting hillsides?
Old 11-23-2006, 12:37 PM

Both my wife and I and two of our friends use Keller Pendulum Sights and love them. My bow shoots in the 280 FPS range and I can get out to about 35 yards with mine with complete accuracy. At 40 yards, it's just a bit low. I like these ones because they are all steel construction and no plastic invovled. They also have extra pins on them so that you can lock it into position for ground shooting. They also come with a light already attached for low light conditions. I'm sure they are many others that are good, I just know that we have been completely satisfied with Kellers.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:06 PM

Thanks for the tips on the Keller and Trophy Ridge.It's appreciated.

I know this question has probably been hashed out on other threads, but the search function here pretty much sucks or I'm real dumb or a little of both.

What about it guys? Any problems with a downhill/level,or even a slightly uphill shot when hunting on a hillside?
Old 11-23-2006, 04:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Jimimac

I'm thinking of trying one out over the off season. What do you pendulum shooters suggest?

One question I do have about a pendulum sight, is what happens on shots when hunting on a hillside.Does the point of impact change?

yes --shooting downhill does change the point of impact -- i have been using a pendulumsight for a long time now and have always stayed away from steep grades , or anytype of hillside -- till this year forgetting about it and missing a very large buck -

shooting uphill and downhill are the only drawbacks -- if your not going to find yourself in those positions they work great -- i use an impact archery pendulum i am pretty sure the trophy ridge mantas has an adjustment for downhill shooting -

i am going to switch to asingle pin hha site for next season - have new property to hunt with alot of steep grades
Old 11-23-2006, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

I have tried many pendulum and like the Preditor IV the best. It CAN be a bear to setup but you have 3 different elevation adjustments so you can get it dead on and very quiet.

I had a trophy ridge mantis and after 2 completly broken pins I got rid of it after they fixed it the third time.I am very hard on my bow andhunt very thick areas and showmy stuff no mercy.But will say it was very accurate and Trophy Ridge has GREAT Costumer service!!

Had an Impact Bravo pendulum and it just did get me much further than 20 yard. I should also state I am shooting a fairly slow setup around 250fps with 463 gr carbon arrows.

Had an Impact treetop Pendulum really liked the sight but I could only get a years use out of them because they didn't seal the bearing it swung on and it would hang up over time.

Had a Keller just tooooo noisy and I had more than one and they were all noisy but very accurate.

All pendulum have there pros and cons but the Predator IV has been by far the best. You can check them out at www.predatorproducts.net
Old 11-24-2006, 04:32 AM

Thanks guys. Good info for me to ponder.

Quick Reply: Pendulum Sight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.