Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Broadhead Question >

Broadhead Question

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Broadhead Question

Old 11-07-2006, 07:24 PM

Default Broadhead Question

What type of broadhead do yall recomend I know that I want a cut-on-contactI was thinking the sonic
Old 11-07-2006, 07:28 PM

Default RE: Broadhead Question

SLICK TRICK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-07-2006, 07:30 PM

welcome to the forum fill free to post all questions you will get good help here.. this is my second year bowhunting and these guys gave me alot of help.. welcome here buddy and good luck this season!!!!
Old 11-07-2006, 08:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Welcome to the forums, what are you using for draw wieght?

I was using bear 2 blades and now magnus 2 blades as I could not get the bear 2 blades here anymore. I am shooting heavey weights so I am using 140 grain broadheads and have no problem cutting through.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:32 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Razorcaps and four blade magnus stingers.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

G-5 Striker or Montec's

Also good are Stingers and Slick Trick's
Old 11-08-2006, 01:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Tank22_250

What type of broadhead do yall recomend I know that I want a cut-on-contactI was thinking the sonic

I have had good results with the 75 GN Wasp Boss Bullet's
Old 11-08-2006, 01:58 AM
Site Bouncer

Montecs or Razorcaps
Old 11-09-2006, 05:05 PM

I use the 100 grainWac'Em Tritons. They're not a really big company but let me tell you, they make the best broadhead I have ever used. I've shot a 9 pointer, a 4 pointer, and a big doe this year and had all complete passthroughs and the two bucks went less than 10 feet, the doe only went about 20 yards, all were double lunged. The arrow stuck into the ground behind them like I missed. Don't let the small cutting diameter scare you, they leave one heck of a blood trail. What I love most about them is that they are a fixed blade broadhead that fly exactly like my field points out to 50 yards, not off an inch or a foot, they are dead on without ANY changes in my set-up. I haven't shot them farther than that but I imagine they would still hit where the field points do. Another great thing about them is their incredible blade sharpness. After 20 shots into my block 4x4 they were still shaving my arm hair.Out of the package they are stupid scary sharp, best I have seen. Good Luck!
-Chris
Old 11-09-2006, 07:50 PM

The Thunderheads are good, reliable blades for the money.I shot a doe this year in the liver/lung area and it died within minutes after going maybe 80 yards.

Quick Reply: Broadhead Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.