Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 6" brace height too short? >

6" brace height too short?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

6" brace height too short?

Old 11-03-2006, 08:19 PM

Default 6" brace height too short?

I have been looking at the new '07 Hoyts, and was originally going to get the Vectrix. After alot of consideration though, I am beginning to think about getting the Vulcan, which is rated at 326 fps IBO. The only thing is it has a 6" brace and a 33" ATA.
I am a decent shooter, but no expert. Do you think a 6" brace is going to be too short, or is it more subjective than just brace height? Ideally, I would like to shoot them both, but, would still like some input.
Any and all advice appreciated!
Old 11-03-2006, 08:42 PM

Default RE: 6" brace height too short?

Your going to have to shoot it. I used to shoot a PSE nitro that had a 6" brace height I hated it. My uncle wanted it so I gave it to him and he loves it. It will let you know when your not holding your bow correctly thats for sure. Now i shoot a Trykon XL with a 7 1/2" brace height and love it. I had other reasons for not liking the PSE though vibration and jump but the Hoyt willnot have theese issues I presume.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Or you could get a Bowtech Allegiance with the speed mods and have a 7" brace height and an even FASTER bow!

The new Hoyts also come with a factory sts in the new rear bushing. That would make the 6" brace height seem more forgiving.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Host of Hosts

Speed isn't everything, so I decided to get the Vectrix. I have it on order, but it probably won't be in until Close to Christmas.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think you should set one up and shoot it. I've had short bows (32")with tall brace heights (9 3/8")and long bows (38")with short brace heights (6 3/8"). All bows had the same cam system on them so that was not at issueand set to the same draw length and weight. In all cases the longer ATA bow was easier to achieve better accuracy.

Now you're talking about a short ATA bow and a short brace height. Just my opinion, but this sounds like a combination fordisaster unless you're next to being a pro shooter or don't plan on shooting anything over 25 yards.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:10 AM

ORIGINAL: TRYKONOISSEUR

Speed isn't everything, so I decided to get the Vectrix. I have it on order, but it probably won't be in until Close to Christmas.
Really? My proshop told me I would have my Vectrix in by the end of the month...
Old 11-05-2006, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

By looking at your draw length on your info at the bottom of the post, I would say to check it out. If you had a longer draw length, I would tell you to look at something else, give it a try!!!!
Old 11-05-2006, 09:43 AM

campo when you get to shoot the Vulcan ,Please let us know what you think about the difficulties of shooting this bow accurately.I too want to get this bow but here in nova Scotia there isn't much opportunity to try all the new bows.You pretty much have to take what you order
Old 11-05-2006, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yikes My bow is 41 ata with 9.5 brace height..I cant imagine that thing being easy to shoot. Hope you have some very good shooting mechanics.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:31 AM

Do you think a 6" brace is going to be too short, or is it more subjective than just brace height?
Try this: Put your heaviest hunting jacket on. Get in a tree stand and set up a target to your far left (assuming your right handed). Make sure you're turning your upper body as far to left as you can on the shot. If your string hits your sleeve on the release, you've just missed that big buck because your brace height was too short. Do you really care how fast your arrow was going on that miss?

Quick Reply: 6" brace height too short?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.