Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 how can i get better groups?now with a video see pg 3 >

how can i get better groups?now with a video see pg 3

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

how can i get better groups?now with a video see pg 3

Old 11-22-2006, 09:56 PM

Default RE: how can i get better groups?

thats exactly the way i waswhen i was makin the video i even saw it but i didnt snap untill after the video and no the dl isnt to long it feels great and my local shop put it for me and i am planning to get a sling today
Old 11-27-2006, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

As others have pointed out your grip looks alittle off , try ancoring the bow in the lifeline of your palm . One problem with your form that I see is that your shoulder on your bowarm is way to high , your shoulder should be down and locked in , the way you are drawing and anchoring your bow shoulder looks as if you would be quite sore after shooting , useing too many arm muscels to do what your back muscels should be doinng , hence the sky drawing tendency .
Old 11-27-2006, 05:01 PM

If your arrow is going low like picture above, you could be trying to hard and long and your arm is getting tired!
Old 11-27-2006, 07:45 PM

Also, I think you should concentrate more on squeezing the trigger instead of punching it. You do not want to know when the bow will shoot. You want itto be a surprise.

Good luck KIdd!

Old 11-28-2006, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also think your DL is a little to long, on the scene when the camera is infront of you, you can see your arm is fully extended. I was always told you want a slight bend, but not to much.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:07 PM

well first of all notre dame lost and ur mad so ur taking it out on me.....nah im just playin with you zdeerslayer and i thank you for mthe comment but see if i lower my dl then my elboe bends too much so i was thinkin about getting a better release and i was also wondering if they sell adjustable ones wheere u might be able to make the release abit shorter cus i have acheapo 15 dollar one and it can compliment my dl.........and oh yeah i was going for notre dame man i was hoping they could pull it off but they just got spanked but oh well maybe next time it was a good game though
Old 11-29-2006, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

yea, it was a depressing weekend between them and the Giants. But I still wore my ND jersey to school.Only to be mocked by the Ohio fans. But I took it in stride.lol.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:24 AM
Typical Buck

Gripping bow get a bow sling and relax that hand with bow sling it the bow only pushes against your left hand since you are right handed and will reduce torque graetly I agree with the others in thei observation
Old 11-29-2006, 09:48 AM

As the others said, work on your grip. In fact don't even call it grip, call it hand placement. Keep your hand as relaxed as possible. The index finger placement works for many, but the other fingershave to be dead relaxed.

Take off the factory grip. It is wide and difficult to avoid torquing. If it is uncomfortable to shoot off of the riser, wrap it with tennis racket tape.

Bow shoulder needs to be down & back. This will aid with a little more stability. Also, it will help you avoid shoulder and elbow injuries.

Unfortunately, removing the factory grip and pushing your shoulder down & back will result in needing to shorten the DL by about 1/2". Don't worry about loss of speed. An slow, accurate hit beats a fast miss every time.

Shorten your release. Almost all wrist releases come with the length set for huge hands. You want it so that the second joint of your hand is on the release at full draw.

If you are a hunter, an even shorter DL may be better. This allows you to hold against the wall at full draw even when you are in awkward positions. If you are a target shooter, the way it is now is not bad. Learn to adjust it yourself and you can tinker with it to find the sweet spot.

Remember that consistency, doing everything the same every time, is the key to good acuracy and tight groups.

Overall, your form is pretty good. I've seen archers with much worse shooting good groups. Drop your draw weight down a little so that you can practice more with less fatigue.

Good luck,
Allen
Old 11-29-2006, 08:11 PM

allen read i thank you for all of your replies but i was wonderin if you can post a pik of dropping my elbow so that i can better understand and also i am planning to shorten my dl and hopefully by this weekend i can post up another video of me shooting but im goin to try to do it during the day so yall could see better i also bought a sling at the new bass pro over here in san antonio man that thing is awesome........but im not to sure how it will help mygrip.......

Quick Reply: how can i get better groups?now with a video see pg 3

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.