Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 i need new arrows... please help me >

i need new arrows... please help me

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

i need new arrows... please help me

Old 11-01-2006, 04:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default i need new arrows... please help me

I posted this in the bowhunting forum, but was refered to this forum, so heres the deal. I'd like to get some new arrows, mostly because until now i've just bought the cheapest arrows i could find, and now that im sure i'll be bowhunting for a while, and be using the same bow for probably 4-5 more years until im out of college, I'd like to get some quality arrows. Money is still sort of tight, so i dont want to spend $100 on a dozen arrows, i was thinking more around the $40-$50 range. There is a Gander mountain real nearby and they have a pretty nice bow setup in the back, and there is also a bowshop w/ a range nearby, and i'll head over to one of these places to buy em, i was just hoping to get a little background before i head in there so i dont sound like a complete idiot. How do I pick what arrows are best when it comes to spine weight and all that? I'm pretty new to bowhunting and dont know much about that. Both shops have a contraption to tell me exactly how much weight i'm pulling back, but i think its in the upper 50's. Im also shooting 125 grain Muzzys. What Vane colors and helical do y'all like? I realize I'll more than likely have to resight in my bow, but i usually only get to hunt on weekends, and a few hours a day outside or at the indoor ranges should be enough to get it back on. I realize i should have gotten this all taken care of well before season started, but for some reason i didnt, and now the rut is just about here, and i wanna get it all done before things really heat up. Thanks for any advice, good luck every1.

ps my bow has a 28" draw length, and it saysminimum420grain arrows, and mine are Carbon Rebel 6075's and are 31" from the tip of the nock to the end of the arrow w/o a bh or fieldpoint on it. If you need any information, let me know, i'll see what i can do.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: i need new arrows... please help me

Gold Tip 5575's are good arrows in that price range. I shoot the XT's and I have shot the Expeditions. The XT's are a better arrow than the Expeditions. I don't know if you can find any XT's right now though. Straightness tolerance is .003 compared to .006. I am thinking your arrows may be a little long for your setup but it is hard to say without seeing where your arrow is at full draw. I also think 125 grain broadhead may be too heavy.

PSE Stealth Hunters are decent arrows also. I prefer the 300's better than the 200's. I am shooting about 64lbs with a 28" draw length.

Fletch them up with some 2" Blazers and adjust your sights.

Good luck.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:32 PM
Fork Horn

The best arrows i can think of that are in a good price range are Carbon Express Terminator Hunters you would want to get the 6075 they come in 31 inche arrows and have a grain of 420 they are about $70 for a dozen in most bowhunting catalogs but sometime you can find them at wal-mart for about 6 dollars a peice the end of deer season then they will be marked downto about 3 dollars. even though they are selled at wal-mart they are high quality they are wisper quit when drawing back, very thin, and will nevr break unless you try to.

Old 11-01-2006, 08:44 PM
Typical Buck

I left you a post on the bow hunting forum.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

First thing you need to do is draw one of your 31" arrows and have someoneput a mark on it about 1/2"-3/4" in front ofwhere it sits on your arrow rest at full draw.That's the length arrow you'll need. Then you choose what size arrow you need based on your draw weight and cam type for that arrow length with 125 gn heads.

Frankly, the straightest, toughest and most consistent non-aluminum arrows I've come across, closest to the price range you're looking at anyway, are Carbon Express Terminators.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love my gold tips and i have nothing bad to say about them
Old 11-02-2006, 10:22 AM

I recommend Blackhawk or Carbon express. You can find sales sometimes with great arrows for cheap. Let the experts at the shop pick out the corrrectly spined arrows. Have fun and good hunting.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:14 PM

Go with carbon express. They have a wide variety of hunting arrows in a wide price range. I personally shoot the CX 300's. They are a little pricey (around $100 a dozen) but they are very accurate. Also, go with an offset fletch. Right or left helicle is over doing it.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

IMHO, the Carbon Express Terminator Selects will be about the best arrow you can get for the price you are talking about. Gold Tip XTs are more $. I personally like Carbon Tech, but they are more expensive too. The regular Carbon Tech Whitetails are about $60/doz. but they are not easy to find in a shop. I would also suggest you go to a pro shop for your arrows, rather than Gander MT. The box stores often sell only full length arrows, they don't cut them to length for you. There is no need for you to be shooting a 31" arrow when you have a 28" draw. You might want to look into Larry Wise's Phantom arrows too. If you get below the Pro grade, they are pretty reasonable, and they are supposedly made in the USA.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:36 PM

I'm another one for Carbon Express. I have the Terminator 6075's and I love them, great arrows, but there are plenty of other good ones to chose from as well.

Quick Reply: i need new arrows... please help me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.