HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Carbon Arrow nock (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/161644-carbon-arrow-nock.html)

TOWHunter 10-25-2006 03:32 PM

Carbon Arrow nock

I recently got back into bowhunting after several years out. So many in fact, Carbon arrows are new to me. I bought a complete used set up that has Easton Carbon Storm arrows. I noticed several arrows were not fletched correct to the nock (3@120 degrees with the single color facing to the left). At first I thought it was because of the whisker biscuit, but after cleaning some old fletching for new, I realized the nocks were not glued! Is this correct or should they be glued?

animalized 10-25-2006 04:04 PM

RE: Carbon Arrow nock

Most (if not all) carbon arrows use what's called a "uni-nok" (think thats the term) in which the noks no longer get glued in. With these noks, you can turn them so that they are in the position that you need.

TOWHunter 10-25-2006 04:32 PM

Thanks I'll put my glue gun down and step away from the arrows!

Bigpapascout 10-26-2006 02:33 AM

all carbon arrows do not use Uni nocks.
Uni nocks are made by easton that require an aluminumbushing for proper fit
carbon nocks are referred to as an internal nock,the old aluminum nocks that set on the tapered end is called an external nock
you dont have to glue the nock in but it dont hurt any thing if you do just make sure that you use a glue that is not perminent i use a small dab of fletch tite on the nocks of my arrows that can be easily removed with a firm twist.

a lot of guys use the index fletching up fore better clearance for the type of rest they use.
technoligy has come a long way in the past several years where it is no longer required to shoot with the index fletch out.

98Redline 10-27-2006 07:32 AM

In general, you do not need to glue your nocks in.

I have yet to have one back out or turn on me unless I was physically wrenching on it.

TOWHunter 10-27-2006 08:30 AM

98, Since it requires little effort to turn them, should I replace them with tighter ones?

Bigpapascout 10-27-2006 10:22 AM

or you could use a dab of glue on them:)

If they are real loose you may want to check the end of the arrow for cracks
a loose nock can sometimes be an indication of a cracked arrow.

TOWHunter 10-27-2006 10:49 AM

Thank You Gentlemen. I might have the weekend to work on my extra arrows. I hunt Camp Pendleton and we can only hunt weekends here. The fires have put everyone on guard and our area might be closed this weekend. All because some idiot had to start a fire. Maybe there should be a season on arsonists!