Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 BISCUIT OR DROP-AWAY >

BISCUIT OR DROP-AWAY

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

BISCUIT OR DROP-AWAY

Old 10-26-2006, 01:44 AM

Default RE: BISCUIT OR DROP-AWAY

i have a whisker biscuit on my parker, works great wouldnt change a thing, no worrys about the arrow falling off the rest...but i quess its what ever suits u and your bow the best
Old 10-26-2006, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went out and bought myself the new QAD lockdown version and loved the thought of no contact whatsoever,but when i took it to the woods and got my chance at a very decent buck for my area(central minnesota,so i've seen a few good bucks),managed to get about a 15 yard broadside shot,sqeezed off shot and to this day have no idea where the arrow went!I do know now after shooting the dropaway some more that the arrow rest wasn't dropping,it was getting knocked down by my arrow on the shot!Yeah,i know people are gonna tell me it wasn't set up properly but it was working great!Don't know what got buggered and right now i don't care,i put the W.B. back on and have no doubts about it's performance
Old 10-26-2006, 08:43 AM

Thats what I said before in this same thread. Poeple may like their drop aways, and thats fine, but for me that is one more piece of moving equipment that can break or have something go wrong. Not everybody has faith in the W.B., but I know it works for me, so we all can use what we like and everyone is happy. A bunch of people use drop aways and never have a problem. I just perfer to eliminate that possibility up front.

God Bless

Old 10-26-2006, 11:05 AM

I was very skeptical.Even had one on my bow 2 years ago and took it off because I was worried about it making noise and spooking deer.This year I said WTF I'm going to give it a go.I shot a mature doe at 12 yds who came in crosswind and was a little spooked.She never knew what hit her.
I shoot blazer vanes with a carbon arrow and a slick trick head.I have not found a better combination in 20 years of bow hunting.It's the ultimate in KISS which is what I like about it.Drop aways may be slightly more accurate but they are not without issues too.Timing,having an arrow holder,letting down,noise etc.

CB
Old 10-26-2006, 02:30 PM

Go with the Whisker Biscuit!!! I've used one forever and love it---the arrow can't fall off, it's really simple, and I can shoot great groups with it.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whisker buscuit vs drp away again???? awwww man people just cant get enuff
Old 10-27-2006, 11:59 AM

I'm a fan of the Biscuit, never shot a Drop-Away but my W.B. hasn't failed me yet. It does tear up the fletching on cheapo viens, but I split arrows and end up having to buy a new set, looking into making my own but im just getting into the whole bowhunting flow.

I VOTE BISCUIT!
Old 10-30-2006, 05:40 PM

I'm all for the drop away(mze)but the bisquit is widly used and liked(not by me)
And this topic has had the S**t kicked out of it
Old 10-30-2006, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Reflex... ive been a drop away man for years...but Im thinkin of givin the ol wiskas a try... the drop away is a sweet device.. Im using a NAP quiktune 800
Old 10-31-2006, 02:27 PM
Banned

What, no Atlasman here to defend his WB!!! Cool, OK then...DROP AWAY of course!!! Why would you want fletching contact when the Trophy Taker drop away is on the market. I have shot a Trophy Taker for 4 years and they are simply an awesome rest. Alright Atlas, popcorn is ready.

Quick Reply: BISCUIT OR DROP-AWAY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.