Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Easton A/C/C & half out inserts >

Easton A/C/C & half out inserts

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Easton A/C/C & half out inserts

Old 10-18-2006, 11:35 PM

Default Easton A/C/C & half out inserts

I just have a simple question. I just got the half out inserts for my 3-39's.

When the shafts are cut, are they cut approx. 1/2 inch short for the half out inserts? This is my first time ever dealing with these Arrows and inserts, and even though someone else is going to cut them and glue them, I would still like to know about their assembly.

Have to ask questions to learn.

Thanks and God Bless

Old 10-19-2006, 06:56 AM

Default RE: Easton A/C/C & half out inserts

Boy , it seems like some questionson here have the plague, or maybe it's me.

Thanks anyway.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

No, leave the shafts to their previous length. You don't want to be drawing the half-outs back on the rest.

Hey, please give us some time. Some guys are out hunting. Others have jobs. Then there are idiots like me that have nothing better to do. I should be out hunting myself, but the fire is out.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:03 PM

Thanks B.G., no problem.... I got the fire, just cant go yet. Still recouperating from surgery.

But I got an answer this a.m. elsewhere, and placed an order with Lancasters for a doz. PDP regular inserts made for the A/C/C 3-39. I was told I did not want to use those half outs.

They are on their way.

But T Y again. You are a man of much information.

Have a great day.

God bless

Old 10-19-2006, 06:44 PM

Glad you went w/ the regular inserts, those half outs are horrible in the ACC. As I understood your original post, you were curious as to how the process worked.

Obviously cut the arrow, the use a champhering (sp?) tool to remove the aluminum "burr" around the inside of the arrow. Screw a field point in the insert and hold the point w/ a pliers. Using an alcohol burner, heat the point, not the insert, until the insert is hot enough to melt the hot melt glue. Little dab of glue and install the insert while turning it for coverage. When she's rammed home, let it cool about half an hour and you are ready to go.

Hope I didn't just explain something you already know, if so, I wasn't insinuating a lack of intelligence, just understood your first post as such.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:01 PM

no. no.no. mobohunter, thats the type of stuff I want, man. I have never put an arrow together in my life. I was curious about that process, and about the half outs. If the shafts would be cut the same length as any other shaft, or if you would cut it shorter than normal to accomodate anything about the half out insert.

I mean it is obvious that I know something about shooting a bow, and about bow hunting, and maybe a little about gear, but it is also obvious that I am by no means tech savy about bow gear. One of these days I will get the time and money to buy the things I need and want, and start reading and learning so I can do some of the things I ask about. These days I just ask so I can understand the process.

And in the meantime I spend the money onmy family and on my children from my 1 st marriage. Thats what is most important 4 now.

But thanks again for the answer, and your willingness to take enough time to help me learn.

God Bless'

Old 10-19-2006, 08:24 PM

You are most welcome, glad to help. I didn't know a lot about building arrows till I took a part time job in my pro shop, and that's my job...To build arrows. And build arrows I do, by the DOZENS! I've just started learning about bow mechanics and am now able to do some simple stuff to bows like install peeps and things like that. The major repairs are still left to the owner though. I'm not that good...........yet.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:06 AM

ORIGINAL: MichaelT.
I mean it is obvious that I know something about shooting a bow, and about bow hunting, and maybe a little about gear, but it is also obvious that I am by no means tech savy about bow gear. One of these days I will get the time and money to buy the things I need and want, and start reading and learning so I can do some of the things I ask about. These days I just ask so I can understand the process.
And when that time finally comes, be sure to pass that knowledge on to the guy who is filling your old shoes.

Glad you dumped the half outs but if you had kept with them; no, you wouldn't cut the shaft any differently than normal.