Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

revolution cams

Old 10-17-2006, 10:29 PM

Default revolution cams

I was wondering if any one has installed a set of Revolution Cams on a bow that was set up with just a wheel set up before. A buddy of mine gave me a set of them that is a 31 inch draw nonadjustable set up. I am a 30 inch draw. The bow I had planned on putting them on is a 30 inch draw set up. He said it could be done, but we have to figure out the configureation for the cables a string.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:29 AM

Default RE: revolution cams

Just because the cams were 30" on the old bow does not mean they will be 30" on your bow. Thereare a lot of factors that will determin the draw length and poundage you will end up with.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

you can use any cam on any bow provided the pins will slide through theholes in the limbs and the cams are properly shimmedyou can accurately measure the string and cable length with a few strands of string material

place the bow in a press and get the axle to axle measurment right
get the cams in line then tie a loop in one end of the stringand place it on the cams string postnow run the string around like you was replacing the stringmake surethe cams are in line and loop the stringon the othercam stringpost then do the same thing with the harness oncehave your string and harnesses done check to make sure everything is in line and the axle to axle is the right measurment tno you can check the brace heighth it should be close to the brace heighth of the bow before you changed cams if those measurments are roignt and the cams are in the right position make sure the strings are good and tight take the strings off and measure them this will be the length you will need.
done itthousands of times like this, you may have to twist up the cables for fine adjustments

Old 11-01-2006, 03:03 PM

Thank you for the advice Bigpapascout, It kinda seems like nobody really messes with dual cam setups any more