Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

QAD Rest

Old 10-17-2006, 05:13 PM

Default RE: QAD Rest

mine started squeaking I think it is because i went hunting in the rain with it. it says don't oil so what do I do?

Old 10-18-2006, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

The new rest is on it's way. Called customer service, actually left a voicemail after hours, and told them what the rest was doing. They called me back, left me a voicemail, with instructions on how to have it replaced.

I called them back and they are sending the new one out today or tomorrow. Very happy with their customer service!!
Old 10-19-2006, 04:17 PM
Typical Buck

I took off my WB and put the QAD on . I had trouble with contact . The arrow was stripping the moleskin off the launcher . It was too close to hunting season to mess around and I put the WB back on . Shot a doe opening day . I'll play around with the QAD this winter when I start shooting in the basement .........
Old 10-19-2006, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ed McDonald

I took off my WB and put the QAD on . I had trouble with contact . The arrow was stripping the moleskin off the launcher . It was too close to hunting season to mess around and I put the WB back on . Shot a doe opening day . I'll play around with the QAD this winter when I start shooting in the basement .........
Same here except I couldn't get Fps and Bhs to hit the same spot. After rtying I was getting clearance problems. I went back to a prong style rest which i killed a doe with opening day. After the season I will work with the QAD again. I really like the rest.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Got the new replacement rest and have it on now. Definitely "tighter" than the "old one". Also came with a new prong designed for bows with fletching contact problems.

To say I'm happy with QAD and their customer service would be an understatement.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow glad its working for you , they never sent mine , I called them back and suposedly it will be here today , so well see
Old 10-30-2006, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

It showed today , it will be a couple weeks before I get a chance to check it out though , pa rut is calling
Old 10-30-2006, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ijimmy

It showed today , it will be a couple weeks before I get a chance to check it out though , pa rut is calling
It only took me about 45 minutes to have it on and retuned. Since the rest the sent me was exactly what I'm returning, I simply set it in the same positions before I put it on.

Since I used the new TL1 or LT1 (can't remember) prong, which is higher than the original one, I lowered the rest a little, went out and shot a few times and adjusted it again.

Took it to gander mountain to paper tune it in their indoor range and within 5-10 minutes had them flying like darts again.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:22 PM
Spike

My qad rest would not work at all today in 20 degree temps. After I thawed it out, it was alright. I need to send it back and am hoping I get treated as well as you guys did! It's an older model and I was wondering if they will fix it or replace it? (the launcher spring seems to be getting weak.)
Old 11-04-2006, 07:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

You have the first run, cold weather really bothere it.

I have a newer one and have not had an issue, shot two deer with it!!

Quick Reply: QAD Rest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.