Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Blazers / Quickspins and a Whisker Biscuit >

Blazers / Quickspins and a Whisker Biscuit

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Blazers / Quickspins and a Whisker Biscuit

Old 10-13-2006, 08:05 AM

Default Blazers / Quickspins and a Whisker Biscuit

I have been using Blazers for the past 2 years on my carbon arrows through my W.B. and I love them. I have just picked up some A/C/C's that are being fletched the same. I have another Doz. coming and I am considering (Am going to - if I know me ..lol ) getting a Doz. F.M.J.'s to try also and was wondering about the short quick spin vains. Are the made of as good of a material as the blazers. And, with the extra little "fin" on them will they still shoot ok thru my Biscuit or would that cause some deflection problems? And finally, do they truely stabilize an arrow better / faster?

Thanks a bunch for the help

Good hunting and God Bless.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:12 AM

Default RE: Blazers / Quickspins and a Whisker Biscuit

Here's my honest opinion on this one. If you are already shooting A/C/C's, don't even bother with the FMJ's. They don't hold a candle to the A/C/C. You also won't be happy w/ the quickspins, especially throught the WB. They just don't hold up well and honestly, aren't needed. Fletch your Blazers on a helical and you'll have all the spin you could need. Too much spin slows the arrow down anyway. Those Blazers are the bomb, especially through the WB.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:44 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

What mo said. Quickspins may be a lot of things but durable is NOT one of them. I would guess about 3 shots through the WB and they would be no good.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

what they said!
Old 10-19-2006, 04:35 PM
Typical Buck

You have something that works - Don't fix it !
Old 10-20-2006, 03:35 PM

Sometimes going with the masses is the smart thing, man. And this is definitely one of those times. Blazers are undoubtedly the most durable and versatile little vanes I've ever shot. And with a Whisker Biscuit, it's a no brainer...Blazers.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use to use QuickSpins and I found myself re-fletching way too much. The QS vanes deform way too fast and just don't hold up very well. Blazer vanes are very durable and last for a whole lot longer time than the QS vanes do.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:34 PM

yeah. wouldnt recommend quick spins on a biscuit. Material is way to soft. Though my son does w/ the stardard quick spins. I have him put a hair dryer on them when they start to wave out. and they are good as new. But, makes more work for ya too!!!
Old 10-24-2006, 10:02 AM
Fork Horn

Blazers are awesome!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2006, 05:30 PM

A good friend of mine patented those blazers: and he said those quick spin veins will make your arrow spin way too much, stick with the blazers

Quick Reply: Blazers / Quickspins and a Whisker Biscuit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.