HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Arizona E-Z Fletch Glueing One Feather? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/159464-arizona-e-z-fletch-glueing-one-feather.html)

deertale 10-13-2006 04:38 AM

Arizona E-Z Fletch Glueing One Feather?

I've got a Arizona E-Z Fletch that works OK - its the carbon 6° helical model. I like that helical - its not much but really spins the arrow great. But my one complaint is if I need to fletch just one feather. I've tried stuffing the two good feathers (still attached to the shaft)back in the jig but it just doesn't work. The only solution I've found is to just replace all of the feathers at once. Has anyone come up with a better solution that that?

Bigpapascout 10-13-2006 04:52 AM

RE: Arizona E-Z Fletch Glueing One Feather?

YA
http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=79605&hvarTarget=sea rch&cmCat=SearchResults

this is what I would recomend for the at home DIY

or I will sell you a Bitzenberger for 40 bucks and you pay shipping

Sooner1982 10-13-2006 06:28 AM

I suggest you get the grayling jig from basspro, it's a higher grade ofconstruction than the Bohning jig above.

Bigpapascout 10-13-2006 12:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Sooner1982

I suggest you get the grayling jig from basspro, it's a higher grade ofconstruction than the Bohning jig above.
Oh Really

Both Jigs work exactly the same way only the Greyling is about 10 dollars more
and the Bhoning jig has a stronger magnet so can you explain how the Greyling is of a higher grade. could the higher price contribute to your ascertion or have you actually used them in a side by side comparison?
I have and both preform equally as good as the other.
I own Greyling jig that I use for strait fletching
and have used a friends Bhoning jig to show him how to fletch arrows with it and it is every bit the jig as the greyling is
go with the Bhoning Jig and save 10 bucks
quality made by a reputable company.

Alpha Capo 10-14-2006 09:01 PM

woa...everyones off track...why dont i add my 2 cent...:Du already have the arizona ez why not buy the bitzenburger off bigpapa for 40 and do 2x more arrows in the sameamount of time ...40 is good price...and they are worthevery bit of the $65 brand new in my opinion....the best period.everything else is garbage...

oh i forgot i've never used the EZ fletch but have used everything else....so i cant help you with your question...sorry

Bigpapascout 10-15-2006 01:33 AM

well AC Arizona lied when they said EZ:D

Deertale I got your PM but when I replied i think it gotkicked back so to answer your question yes it is a RH clamp.

check your PM settings to make sure you are able to recieve PM from the forum members

jim243SRC 10-15-2006 07:07 AM

the E-Z fletch is adj. for fletch alingment, if you adj. the nock guide so fletching matches your rest and don't move the nock in the shaft you can replace 1 fletch at a time. read the paper work with the fletching tool. jim

pm69442 10-15-2006 07:39 PM

I use my Arizone EF all the time for just one fletching addition. There's a nock guide in the bottom when you open it up all the way, align your nock to it and insert, then you can ROTATE your shaft till your nock guide is lined up with the proper fletching slots one click at a time. Did yours come with instructions? Mine did.

deertale 10-16-2006 08:06 PM

ORIGINAL: pm69442

I use my Arizone EF all the time for just one fletching addition. There's a nock guide in the bottom when you open it up all the way, align your nock to it and insert, then you can ROTATE your shaft till your nock guide is lined up with the proper fletching slots one click at a time. Did yours come with instructions? Mine did.
Yes, but the instructions are not very clear about replacing one fletching. Aligning the knock is not the issue because its already aligned from when I fletched the arrow. I don't know why you people keep saying to align the knock? You can lift one of the arms to install one fletching but it seems so wobbly. The instructions do mention to use a "large clothes pin" to hold the top of the fletching. I had trouble with the arm sliding from one side to another.

jim243SRC 10-17-2006 07:30 AM

if the EZ fletch is adj. for your rest(you do not have to adj the nock in the shaft to clear the rest) strip off bad fletch, clean shaft, place in tool, new fletch in the appropriate arm, glue, close all 3 arms, install keeper, done. if you can't do this you have a nock/nock guide adj. problem.