HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   consitintaly peep site tube breaking! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/158903-consitintaly-peep-site-tube-breaking.html)

Hoytteen 10-09-2006 07:37 PM

consitintaly peep site tube breaking!

i'v gone through like 3 tubes within a half month...whats goin on!?

gzg38b 10-09-2006 07:47 PM

RE: consitintaly peep site tube breaking!

Lose the tube. Go tubeless. You'll like it much better trust me.

dangolbowhunter 10-09-2006 07:48 PM

Just my opinion, as well as most on this forum. Get rid of the peep tubing. It makes too much noise and slightly slows down your arrow speed.
If you want to keep it, make sure it is not too short, resulting in too much stretch)

Hoytteen 10-09-2006 07:50 PM

i wanna go tubless but my string twists like no other!

Arthur P 10-09-2006 07:55 PM

Acid rain? Severe ozone??

Or are you just cutting the tubing off too short?

If the tubing really has to work at pulling your peep in line, you really need to make adjustments. The peep should be set to rotate to your eye to begin with, and the tubing shouldn't be anything other than insurance.

Of course, if you set the peep to rotate to your eye properly to begin with, you wouldn't need the tubing. And you'd pick up anywhere from 5-10 fps in arrow speed. And your bow would be quieter.

TerryM 10-09-2006 08:09 PM

Get some good strings and cables. Contact Gibblett and he'll take good care of you. It also sounds like your tubing is too short or you are using old and deteriorated tubing. Loose the tube.

Grandviewer 10-11-2006 08:16 AM

Okay I'm on the other hand of usingpeep tubing - I have tried taking mine off and it made some minor difference in noise and the peep does somewhat come back straight most of the time even with a new great string and cable combo. BUT sometimes it doesn't.

I put it back on but have it very longand tied higher than my peep. If it does break off it breaks usually at the nipple on the back of the peep. When it's longer you have enough still there to slide it on and continue your practise or hunting. I have played around with different materials of tubing and the latex type seems longer lasting and faster but the silicone is quieter and a bit slower. Use it. At the speeds these bows shoot you can't beat the sound from one ofany bowgoing off and the reaction to it of a deer or any big game.

KBacon 10-11-2006 08:37 AM

If you get your strings stretched in... and use a string loop. Get the peep trained and if you get a slight peep rotation.. then make a slight adjustment to your string loop.

If you must use a tubing peep... make the tubing just short enough so that it barely pulls your peep straight. People that go through that much tubing usually have it way too short.

OhioHunter222 10-11-2006 08:44 AM

just use one of those peep sights that dont need a tube and are just a circle. thats wat i have and i like it alot. use a string loop too it will help with string turning. btw since the circle peep sights go in horizontally if the string turns you are still going to be able tosee through it.

longcut36 10-11-2006 09:08 AM

if you have a lancaster catalog on page 159. there is a T.R.U. speed nok that keeps your peep sight lined up. this works real good. also easy to change nock point if you need to. put it on turn, peep were you want it tighten the small screw down and shoot.hope this helps