Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Flexing getting eaten on bow >

Flexing getting eaten on bow

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Flexing getting eaten on bow

Old 10-07-2006, 07:04 PM

Default Flexing getting eaten on bow

I have just gotten back into Bowhunting and paid for a new set-up on and my older bow.
My fletching is getting burned into the the body of the bow forthe last 2 inches before it fully exits the bow.
The shots are grouped well, and other than that I don't have any issues with the set-up(so far).
I don't have any equipment that I can verify my set-up with and don't want to run back the the shop just yet.

Darton excel
69.5# draw weight
radial weave stl hunter 200 arrows
wisker biscut
D-loop

Old 10-07-2006, 07:29 PM

Default RE: Flexing getting eaten on bow

What kind of a rest are you setup with and are you shooting fingers or release?
Old 10-07-2006, 08:34 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean when you say the fletching is getting burned into the body of the bow for the last two inches before it exits the bow? I see you are shooting a whisker biscuit rest, maybe the center shot is off and it's tearing up your fletchings??
Old 10-08-2006, 12:55 AM

jakerite-D-LOOP as listed, release.

Bowfever-basically my fletching is touching the body of the bow slightly after the arrow goes completely through the the wisker biscut.
An eyeball alighnment (so to speak) looks good and as true as could be.
The arrows are true to the target(providing wind and the shooter are cooperating).
And I've tried to pull the out through the wisker biscut, or hyperextend the string to see if the fletching will touch then, and it seems to be fine.
I would have trouble believing that form could have a hole lot to do with this, because if I was torqueing the bow, it would have the opposite effect(I would think).
This is a consistent problem, it has yet to tear my fletching thats why I used the term burning, not that that is a correct description though.

Old 10-08-2006, 10:31 AM

On some of the older model bows the riser is pretty close to center.Try turning your nocks and shooting cock feather out if you are not already.make sure your center shot is correct.

CB
Old 10-08-2006, 10:43 AM
Fork Horn

OK, with the Biscuit, are you shooting cock vane up?. Which fletching(s) are making contact? If it's the bottom, you could try raising the biscuit and nock point slightly.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:16 PM

With all the info. I just spued, basically I was thinking or woundering if this is just a common issue with the wiskerbiscut as it is set so far to the rear?

And I should also add that the arrows that were cut for me are so short that now I wouldn't even be able to any other knock to test that theory

ARROW length(from insert to string knock) 27 1/2 inches
DRAW length don't know yet.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:28 PM

How do I raise the biscut, I don't see thatoption and can the loop and biscut be checked with a square and tape measure?Also would I need a new D loop? (mine is a string style) not quite sure if I would F it up or I'm just being worried for no reason.

Cajun- I'm a born again bh so could youtranslate that to "novice"? can you shot feathers through a carbine biscut? I used and old feathered arrow and the arrow was slow as heck, it didn't seem right.

I'm shooting right now and I cleaned the bow, and I'm really consentrating on form to see if its me. I have a local friend of my dads, but that usually ends up starting a hole new thread after you add a new tuner to the senario (who would rather be hunting than helping to tune another guys bow).
Old 10-08-2006, 02:00 PM

You should be able to turn the nocks so the cock or odd feather is "out" in the 9 oclock position.This puts the hen vanes where they will clear the riser better.The whisker bisquit can tear up vanes if you are using a soft vane and or the bow is out of tune.It is not uncommon to see marks left on the fletching from the bisquit.Sounds like you need to go to eastons website and down load their tuning guide and start off with some basics.You can mark the edge of your vanes with lipstick and see where it is hitting.Also the arrows you are shooting are borderline weak depending on what your draw length is.

CB
Old 10-08-2006, 03:14 PM

Cajun- I spoke to the friend and he said to turn the knocks as well. So I did, I have to get lipstick or a weak marking device of some sort to test if it is still hitting. The friend said that the way the arrows are cut is correct with the tip being very close to the biscut, so I would assume that that meens that my drawlength is 27 1/2 in..
The hunting store guy said that he has a chart and thats how he picked the arrows for the specs to be correct, and maid a big"song and dance"about how he does everything right and all that s***.However thinking back he did hesitate to pick those arrows now that you mension it.

I will take your advice and go to easton's website.(I a repair man and a mechanic, just didn't want to do it for myself for a change but I guess I'll just have to abide by the "saying" for the rest of my life.

Bowfever-lower right, I'm a righty. sorry for not.

Quick Reply: Flexing getting eaten on bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.