Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 ATTENTION: STRING LOOP SHOOTERS >

ATTENTION: STRING LOOP SHOOTERS

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

ATTENTION: STRING LOOP SHOOTERS

Old 10-06-2006, 05:42 AM

Default ATTENTION: STRING LOOP SHOOTERS

Hey guys/gals

I was reading a post here about whether to shoot a string loop or off the string and was seriously considering giving the string loop a try. My question is, which brand/type release would you recommend using for shooting a string loop?? I tried a string loop VERY briefly a short time ago and found that my release didn't work very well with it. I'm using a Cobra release but have had it for quite some time, so couldn't tell you which model it is. Anyway, when I tried the string loop, the loop pulled right through the jaws of my release while I was drawing back. Now, this could be from years of shooting this release and maybe it is worn out. That's why I wanted to get some input on the different releases that other people use to shoot string loops.

Appreciate anyone and everyones advice on this!!!
Old 10-06-2006, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ATTENTION: STRING LOOP SHOOTERS

I would recomend a Scott release such as the lil goose. I have been using a mongoose for years with no problems at all.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:32 AM

If you like your Cobra, but are interested in upgrading to a newer model I would suggest the Mamba R1. I got one as part ofa graduation present and I love it.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:56 AM
Typical Buck

im with royak i love my little goose
Old 10-06-2006, 08:18 AM

Truball Loop Master Release Buckle Strap
Old 10-06-2006, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the regular Scott Mongoose with my loop. Works great. Buckle strap, no velcro.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:53 AM

The best loop release I've found (other than my Carter Big Kid 3-D) is the Scott Rhino. It hooks in fast and easy and has a super sweet trigger.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot a Cobra Pro release that is a couple of years old and have never had a problem with the loop pulling through the jaws.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:09 PM
Fork Horn

I can not tell you the name of my release other than it is a scott.

I can tell youthis, you shouldavoid using the "CAMO" string for your loop. For some reason it is a smaller diameter cord and will slip through the jaws of some caliper releases.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

you shouldavoid using the "CAMO" string for your loop. For some reason it is a smaller diameter cord and will slip through the jaws of some caliper releases.
Only if you use camo loop material with a diametersmall enough to slip through the release.

Brownell camo loop material with a diameter of .078" or .083"is plenty large enough and larger than many other materials. Brownell also makes a "low creep" material that measures .068" in diameter is is the best IMO. Very slick, incredibly wear resistant, and light weight.

There are many many different "cords" made from many different materials available to use a loop material.

AS to the original question just about any release made from any of the major players in the release business will work just fine. I have a Scott sabertooth (dual caliper)and it is the bestI have used to date. It is part of the new "family" of releases from Scott which include thesilverhorn (hook)and the wildcat (single cliper).

Quick Reply: ATTENTION: STRING LOOP SHOOTERS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.