HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Need cable slide help. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/15842-need-cable-slide-help.html)

thenuge15 11-12-2002 01:21 PM

Need cable slide help.

I have noticed that on some bows the cable slide is put on so that the cable is the close one to the rod and the string is farther out. These bows have the cable and string cross under the cableslide rod. On others the cable is the farther one from the rod and the string is closer. This makes the cable and string cross above the cableslide rod. My question is does it matter. I took my slide of to and put it back on not knowing there was a difference. I then shot at a deer and did not get a good shot. I am not blaming this on the bad shot i am just wondering if i put it on different then would it cause me to shoot differently. Why do some bows have it different from others? I took the slide of again and cleaned the rod and then realized there was two ways you could put it on. How it is on know it is shooting fine. I was wondering if i could have had it on wrong and made me shoot bad. Or does it not matter. I know this was kind of confusing but I did my best to explain. I am a fairly new archer and do not know that much technical stuff. thanks-sam

BowTech_Shooter 11-12-2002 02:23 PM

RE: Need cable slide help.

It certainly can effect the bows tune and the way it shoots. Where the string and cables cross varies from one manufacturer to another and some will vary model to model.

I know BowTech recommends all their bows cross below the rod which will make the buss cable go in the deep slot on a single cam and on a dual the buss cable with the split on the top will go in the deep slot of the slide. Either one should have then deep slot facing towards the rear or towards the shooter if you will.

You may want to either specify what bow you're asking about or contact the bow manufacturer to see what they recommend.

I hope this helps...

thenuge15 11-12-2002 03:20 PM

It is a buck saber. i think i figured it out. I would have noticed if i put it on wrong thanks though. I am going to get the sims teflon slide. I was wondering if this is a good slide, and should i put it on the same way i have mine on now.

BowTech_Shooter 11-12-2002 03:28 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
It is a buck saber. i think i figured it out. I would have noticed if i put it on wrong thanks though. I am going to get the sims teflon slide. I was wondering if this is a good slide, and should i put it on the same way i have mine on now.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

Yes it's a good slide and yes put it on the same way as the original one was.
If you have trouble let me know. My dealers a Champion dealer and I'll find out exactly how it goes on for you...

thenuge15 11-12-2002 07:09 PM

Bowtech_Shooter i would appriciate if you did that for me If you just say the string is closer to the rod or the cable is closer to the rod than i will know what you ment. thanks-sam