Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Should I get a new bow? >

Should I get a new bow?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Should I get a new bow?

Old 10-05-2006, 09:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Should I get a new bow?

You could take your string loop off your bow and add 1" of draw length and gain some speed their.
Dont get caght up in the speed manufactuers claim, once setup for hunting they shoot far less, 270 fps is average.
250 is plenty.
Do just want a new bow ? Then go for it.

Old 10-06-2006, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

First of all, thanks for your service to our country. You will find it tough to get a bow that actually shoots much if any better than what you have now. Yes, a little more speed and maybe a little smoother shot, but actually being able to shoot the bow is probably not going to improve much. You could shoot off the string if you want to pick up a few fps. You could get lighter arrows such as Carbon Express or Carbon Tech Cheetahs. You could also just get the rangefinder. If you just bought the gun, I'd wait for the flood of sales following the new releases by most bow companies. Last March, I bought a new, never shot McPherson Edge for $300. When it arrived, it had a shop tag on it that read $699.00. Lots of bargains on leftover new bows, or nearly new used ones once all the "gotta have the latest bow" guys want to sell their '06 bows to get that '07.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:28 AM

Get the new bow if you want but make a rangefinder your priority.