Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 ratchet strap bow press ???? >

ratchet strap bow press ????

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

ratchet strap bow press ????

Old 09-24-2006, 10:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default ratchet strap bow press ????

just wondering on presses such as the bow mender or any that uses the ratchet strap. when you are letting tension off the press is there a way to gently let it off. ino that ratchet straps when released just completly free wheel. am i missing something. just curious before investing.
Dan
Old 09-24-2006, 02:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ratchet strap bow press ????

Yes you can gently release the pressure. It could be rather painful if you couldn't. I just got a Bowmender and its a great tool. Follow the printed instructions or watch the DVD and you will be in good shape. If you are not familiar with letting off a ratchet properly, practice with someone putting tension on the strap before you put a bow in the press. It is really pretty simple. When it is time to let the pressure off it can be released a click at a time. I'll try to post some pics if you need them. Let me know and I'll do it.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: txrookie

Yes you can gently release the pressure. It could be rather painful if you couldn't. I just got a Bowmender and its a great tool. Follow the printed instructions or watch the DVD and you will be in good shape. If you are not familiar with letting off a ratchet properly, practice with someone putting tension on the strap before you put a bow in the press. It is really pretty simple. When it is time to let the pressure off it can be released a click at a time. I'll try to post some pics if you need them. Let me know and I'll do it.
Exactly, I also have the Bowmender and highly recommend it. The instructional video is included and you'll be very happy with it. I bought it on Matt/PA's and Greg / MO's recommendation and a friend of mine then bought one (tkycaller) on my recommendation and also loves it. I also have an Apple bench press but it's not recommended on parrellel limb bows. The reason I bought the Bowmender.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks txrookie
Thanks Rob
tx if your offering pics there is no way i can say no to seeing em.
Dan
Old 09-24-2006, 04:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

never mind about posting some pics, i just found some pics on another thread.http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1703229
Dan
Old 09-24-2006, 07:28 PM

I also have a Bowmender press. Just wondering if you need to back off the limbbolts with this press?
Old 09-24-2006, 07:28 PM

Just click on this link and it shows what is on the CD

http://media.putfile.com/Bow-Press-How-To
Old 09-24-2006, 07:35 PM

I never back the draw weight down when pressing any of my bows, the press dosen't put as much pressure on the limbs or riser as when shooting it. You should follow your manufacture's recomendations though
Old 09-24-2006, 07:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Chupacabras!
It's much easier to press your bow if you DO back off the limb bolt's,plus it's easier on your bow if you do.
I also have the Bowmender press and it work's awsome ,you can pack it up and putbehind your seat and take it with youas well.

AAAAAA+++++ for the bowmender

And yes you can release the press easily 1 click at a time ,making the job much easier .

nubo
Old 09-25-2006, 04:49 AM

One of my limb bolts is so tight I broke an allen wrench trying to turn it. So I ended up pressing the bow without backing off the limbs. Hopefully the factory will be sending new bolts this week.

Quick Reply: ratchet strap bow press ????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.