Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

string loop???

Old 09-22-2006, 12:15 PM

Default string loop???

i currently use a tru ball t handle release "its got the jaws" on my old bow i was using a string loop for my release. anyway i"m buying a new bow and i"m thinking about shooting my release offthe bowstring. can i do this
Old 09-22-2006, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: string loop???

You can clip your release directly to the string but there are trade-offs. If you have a short axle to axle bow, the string pinch can get real bad. The extreme angle of the string at full draw causes the arrow to come off the string. An eliminator button helps, but it has to be adjusted perfectly. You will notice it if you draw and let down. Your arrow could fall off the string. I shot like this for two years, but then I had an arrow fall off the string at full draw and I nearly dry fired my bow. That was the day I put a string loop on.

Since I've added the loop, I've noticed I shoot tighter groups. I did loose 10 fps on the chono because of the weight on the string and the fact that I had to shorten by draw length by 1/2" to compensate. But I love the fact that I can draw, let down, and draw again and my arrow stays tight on the string instead of falling off.

On the plus side, clipping to the string means a faster arrow because you keep weight off the string and you don't have to shorten your draw length. Hope this helps.