Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whisker Bisquit

Old 08-30-2006, 08:33 PM

Default Whisker Bisquit

Alright, so heres the thing, I have a new whisker bisquit on a hoyt powertec, the bisquit is as close forward to the front of the riser and away from the nocking point, but when i have the arrow nocked and not drawn back my fletchings are in the whisker bisquit not behind it, is this normal and what can i do about it?...i can't create any more room between the string and bisquit...thank you!
Old 08-31-2006, 06:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Whisker Bisquit

I find it hard to believe that you cant get anymore distance between the bisket and the string. You should be able to slide the bisket forward enough to get the distance you need. Do you have a pic of what bisket you ahve since there are more than 2 models of them? or give me the model number. I will send you instructions on how to adjust the distance between the string and the bisket.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:09 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

I find it hard to believe that you cant get anymore distance between the bisket and the string. You should be able to slide the bisket forward enough to get the distance you need. Do you have a pic of what bisket you ahve since there are more than 2 models of them? or give me the model number. I will send you instructions on how to adjust the distance between the string and the bisket.
I agree with wis bow huntr,

It's either that or that Hoyt has an extremely short brace height. I have my biscuit set up to where there is only about 1/16 of an inch between the biscuit and the shelf.

If you are shooting plastic vanes then it won't hurt anything but if you have feathers it will tear them up when you draw as you will be pulling the feathers against the grain.

The only other thing to do is to put on shorter vanes ie: blazers

Good luck
Old 08-31-2006, 01:44 PM

I'm shooting plastic vanes on a carbon express terminator arrow, it is the 6075 size and has 4" vanes on it. Here are some pics for viewing, but on the riser where the rest bolts up to it is notched out for the rest to fit in it and keeps it from moving forward....and even if i do move it all the way up to the riser my vanes will still be touching it...heres some photos...thank you for any help...it is the droptine model also...sorry for not mentioning that before
Old 08-31-2006, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW!! That is one thick riser ya got there.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I was in your shoes probably the first thing I'd do is refletch my arrows and move them back closer to the nock. Or just fletch some Blazer vanes which might work out even better.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:59 AM

Definitely, refletch and then move the rest closer to the riser. The gap can be paper thin. If just the tip of the vanes falls into the bristles, it won't matter.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Heres what I would do. Id use the original WB like I have you have more adjustment points, the one you want should look like this.

Old 09-01-2006, 10:49 AM

On short brace height bows you may need to use 3"feathers or switch to Bohning Blazer vanes, either will keep the fletching out of the biscuit.

Good luck hunting! >>>------------>
Old 09-01-2006, 12:51 PM

I had the same problem with my Martin and 5 inch vanes. As long as the fletchings arent touching the rim of bisquit causing arrow to not sit properly than it will still work well. I went to 4 inch then to 2 inch Blazers w/ right helical. WINNER

Quick Reply: Whisker Bisquit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.