Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Most consitantly accurate bow? >

Most consitantly accurate bow?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Most consitantly accurate bow?

Old 08-30-2006, 06:29 PM

Default Most consitantly accurate bow?

Who do y'all think makes the most consistantly accurate bow?
I know what speed does and 1 cam, cam % 1/2, two cam, split limb vs. solid, etc. Not concerned about that stuff.
Just . . . what have you heard? What's thetop guy shooting at your range? What have you read? Maybe you have some 1st hand knowledge.
"WHICH BOW IS THE MOST ACCURATE?"
Old 08-30-2006, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Most consitantly accurate bow?

Assumingthe bow is tuned andfits them, a great archer will makemany of todays bowsshoot consistent.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:56 AM

All I can say is look at the results of all the competitions and it would tell you that Mathews shoots the best. However, I agree that any archer, with a lot of practice, can make most bows shoot very accurately!!!
Old 08-31-2006, 09:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

The fact that a lot of the pros shoot Mathews at the events has everything to do with how much money they can make shooting that particular brand of bow, and almost nothing to do with how good the bow itself is. I'm not saying Mathews doesn't make a top-notch bow; that's not the point. They do.

The first poster hit the proverbial nail on the head when he said a top pro can take ANY bow and be just about as accuratewith it as he is any other bow.

There's a local pro in my area who's won something like nine world championships... He won his first six or seven with Hoyt, and Mathews came along and offered him enough money that he was willing to switch. He has since won a few more, obviously, shooting that Mathews.

Now, think long and hard about this: Was it the fact that he was shooting a Mathews, or the fact he was offered more money to shoot a Mathews?
Old 08-31-2006, 09:24 AM

hey huntnfool11; first, mathews is not the best; every magazine i've read this year besides outdoor life has ranked the hoyt or the bowtec the best bow of the year and outdoor life is a joke. yes mathews is a good bow, but they are falling behind in current technology...
now, like VAhuntr said the bow doesn't really matter, it's the shooter that makes the difference. a bow machine can make any bow shoot robin hoods everytime; chuck adams haskilled more beasts w/ a reflex thanany otherperson on the planet.
what makes a bow more consistently accurate(more forgiving) is a high brace height, wide valley, reduced recoil, and solid back-wall. pick any bow off the rackat your local shop and almost all of them will fit the bill; not just the mathews!!!
Old 08-31-2006, 09:32 AM

Thanks all. Didn't want a "Bow brand" war to start. All in good fun.
"The old Ford vs. Chevy thing." (We all know serious truck owners own Fords!)
Then I guess it's me!? As a guitar player of 45 years, I know that any guitar I pick up is going to sound better in my hands than a newbies. Same wqith guns, bows, any equiptment.
So I guess I'll stick with my current rig and just keep tuning, practicing, etc. Been shooting 15 years, but maybe it's time for some lessons!
Old 08-31-2006, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Any of today's quality bows that fits you at a comfortable draw weight and lengthmatched with the correct arrows, rest and stabilizer will be very consistent. Every bow has its good and bad point for a specific shooting style. Take the time to try different manufacturers and models until you find the one that is comfortable and shoots well.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

The fact that a lot of the pros shoot Mathews at the events has everything to do with how much money they can make shooting that particular brand of bow, and almost nothing to do with how good the bow itself is. I'm not saying Mathews doesn't make a top-notch bow; that's not the point. They do.

The first poster hit the proverbial nail on the head when he said a top pro can take ANY bow and be just about as accuratewith it as he is any other bow.

There's a local pro in my area who's won something like nine world championships... He won his first six or seven with Hoyt, and Mathews came along and offered him enough money that he was willing to switch. He has since won a few more, obviously, shooting that Mathews.

Now, think long and hard about this: Was it the fact that he was shooting a Mathews, or the fact he was offered more money to shoot a Mathews?
Good point...makes perfect sense!
Old 08-31-2006, 01:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: huntnfool11

All I can say is look at the results of all the competitions and it would tell you that Mathews shoots the best. However, I agree that any archer, with a lot of practice, can make most bows shoot very accurately!!!
I know Greg covered this perfectly however I wanted to reiterate it...so please, reread Greg's post again if you think this quote above is true, it is not.

Old 08-31-2006, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with Greg. Primos just went to Fred Bear and I am sure they will take just as many deer and turkeys this year. I would also like to add that if you practice and get personal with your bow, you can make it as accurate as you want. Practice makesperfect. I know plenty of guys that shoot bows 15 years old and are deadly with them. Bow manufacturers are getting to be like cell phone companies, they upgrade bows once a year, with shorter A-A or larger A-A. Or add dual cams. They do something different to keep you and I wanting that edge over the next guy. If you are not shooting accuratly look t yourself first then the bow.

Quick Reply: Most consitantly accurate bow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.