Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Pro shop rip off >

Pro shop rip off

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Pro shop rip off

Old 08-30-2006, 04:34 PM

Default Pro shop rip off

I just got back from my pro shop where I had my sting changed and tuned.When I got the bill I almost fell over $325 dollars latter I was out the door.I wanted to know what I would need to do the string change and tune myself.My wife also shoots and hunts with me.We shoot hoyts she shoots a Vtec and I shoot a Trycon.I have started a costom arrow building business and enjoy it very much.Please let me know what I would need to do my own work on my wifes and my bow.Thank you very much
Old 08-30-2006, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pro shop rip off

I find it hard to beleive any shop would charge $325 for just a string replacement and tune. For $100, you can get a press, and thats basically all you need to replace a string. Also a serving jig/material to serve in peep sights, and redo center serving. A large bag target for tuning with field points, a broadhead target, a set of allan wrenches will get you started with tuning. If you wish to papertune ( I dont, I just broadhead/walk back tune), you can make a paper tuning rack with about $25 a 2 x 4's. I'd also recommend and arrow saw if you dont already have one.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:55 PM

heck, you could have mailed me your bow and i'd of re-strung, tuned it, and sent it back for $300.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

That bowshop has some explainin' to do. I had my strings/cables replaced, bow tuned, peep sight added, bubble level installed, 24 arrows cut and insert installed, string savers put on, limb bolts replaced, AND bought a pack of slick tricks for $125 two weeks ago.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

wow!! lastyear my re-string & tune was $50.00

Old 08-30-2006, 09:11 PM
Typical Buck

Bukjuice - I think you are a Rape Victim . That tech should be hanging his head in shame for charging you that much ! I would be asking that crook some questions ! [:@]
Old 08-31-2006, 04:15 AM

Something is not right. I've never heard of anything close to that. Let's say they put on a set of winner's choice strings. Even if they charged $50 to so-called "tune" your bow, you still paid about double what I'd expect. I would ask for a detailed breakdown of the charge. Was this for just one bow, or was it for both?
Old 08-31-2006, 05:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had my new Gibblet string put on yesterday. Installation with cat whiskers was $12.95. I tuned it myself while I was there at the range.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

YOU GOT RIPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go back to them and demand an explanation why it cost so much.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

A place with good lighting, climate controled is good. The tools, allen wrench's, press, square, nock pliers. And the knowledge to do it right.

Somethings not right about your story and if it is as you say, post the name of the place and owner so others can avoid it.

Quick Reply: Pro shop rip off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.