Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Problem with QAD Ultra rest >

Problem with QAD Ultra rest

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Problem with QAD Ultra rest

Old 08-24-2006, 03:33 PM

Default Problem with QAD Ultra rest

Did a search, but could not find anything so here goes. Just purchased a new bow (Bowtech Old Glory) and had the Pro shop transfere my Ultra rest to it. When I got home and shot it, I noticed that the vanes are hitting the launcher. I never had this problem with the old bow. It appears that the launcher is not falling fast enough. I still have the orgininal package and the instructions don't seem to address this problem. Won't be able to get back to the Pro shop till early next week and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for fixing this problem.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 08-24-2006, 05:20 PM

Default RE: Problem with QAD Ultra rest

Call the shop and get some assistance. They are responsible for the instal but if you didn't have them tune it for you then it's up to you. Not to sure how to tune it but that's half the fun of archery. Best of luck.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:32 AM

This has been a problem with QAD rests on faster bow. The launcher does not always get out of the way in time. I had a MQ1 at about 280 fps and had no problems went to a bowtech allegiance at 305 and had a problem. You will need to set the spring pressure up on the rest. If you doa search on the web for QAD rests and give them a call they will fax, email, send you instructions on how to fix it. It is hard for me to tell you how to do it and don't have the instructions to post, but it is not a hard problem to fix.

Good Luck
Jeremy
Old 08-25-2006, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's possible that it's simply a timing issue. Maybe the launcher is rising too early in the draw cycle so will be late starting back down. The rest should raise up in about the last 1 1/2" to 2" of the draw cycle. If this is the case then you could possibly change it by sliding the cord connected to your cable up the cable a little bit at a time till it's right. If it's served in place you still might be able to move the serving and then the cord.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Join the club , thats why mine sits on the shelf , along with many other models .
Old 08-25-2006, 02:52 PM

Since you transferred the rest from your old bow, I will assume that it is not the Lock Down model. A couple of things you should check are timing and how the rest is attached to the bow.

The prongs can be in the upright position but they need the final tension taken up on the cord to make them drop correctly. That should be the last 1-2 inches of draw.

The rest should also have at least 1/8" of space between the shelf and the prongs in the lowered position. It would be better if you had 1/4". That will help eliminate the bounce back that may occur with the non lock down models.

If you are still having problems you can do one of two things. I have the pdf that shows how to adjust the spring tension on the NON lock down models. I can send it to you and you can try it yourself or you can call QAD and talk to Patrick. He is very helpful and they will adjust the spring tension to fit your bow.

Unless you have a short draw of <29" and/or are shooting over 280 fps, you shouldn't have to adjust the spring. It is probably more of a setup problem. I just installed the new lock down model on my bow. I have a 28" draw and my arrows are shooting at 280fps. I didn't have to adjust a thing and it works great. I did, however, have to fiddle with the rest I bought last yeat but once I adjusted it, it worked great also. I sent it back to QAD because I had pulled the threads out of the body when tightening the screw and they upgraded it to the lock down model free of charge. Thats great customer service!
Old 08-25-2006, 09:09 PM

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I'm thinking it is more of a timing problem than anything else since it worked perfectly on the Stalker. On another site a search came up with a possible solution. It was suggested that if hooked to the cable slide it would not fall fast enough. This may be the problem since on the Stalker it was attached to the bottom cable, but was install hooked to the cable slide on the Old Glory. I'll let you know what I find.

Tom
Old 08-26-2006, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Contact QAD. I have heard that with faster bows you need a different spring or they will tell you how to fix it.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:24 AM

Well I contacted QAD and Patrick responed very quickly. He suggested that I use the other launcher that came with the rest (1/8" deeper) and to adjust the nok point 1/4" high. I looked over my set-up again, and it appeared that the launcher was laying on the shelf. Well I didn't have the other launcher so I adjusted the rest so that I had about 1/8" clearance between the launcher and shelf, and rasied the nok to about 1/4". This seems to have cleared up the problem. I contacted Patrick again and told him I that I didn't have the other launcher, but that I thought I had solved the problem. It seemed that He wasn't satisfied with this, and said that he was sending me the other launcher just in case I needed it. MAN that is what I call CUSTOMER SERVICE! So far no complaints.

Tom
Old 09-06-2006, 05:48 AM
Fork Horn

Tom C,
I was having a problem with some of my arrows cork screwing close to the bow but straightening out right away. they would hit dead on from 10 yards out to 60 with excelent accuracy. The bow paper tuned perfectly as well.
Then I noticed I was getting some marks on my fletch. I believed the Ultra rest was doing the same thing you are talking about. I then went to a stiffer spine arrow and I haven't seen any marks on the fletch or had any cork screwing issues. I didn't get any extra rests with mine as well.
Can you give me the web site for QAD that you used so I can contact them?
I think the problem may be solved but i would like to talk to them just in case.
Thanks

Quick Reply: Problem with QAD Ultra rest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.