Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 bowtech or mathews????? >

bowtech or mathews?????

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

bowtech or mathews?????

Old 08-22-2006, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bowtech or mathews?????

ORIGINAL: the blindbowmen

i just picked up my new Tribute this after noon .. frist off .i checked the bow for what gibblet was talking about and thats not the case with this bow .. they have added washer /spacers on ether sides of the cam ...much like what gibblets was talking about .... but

frist off the bow says 328 IBO speed thats a joke . i started shooting the bow and it got faster and faster as it started to brake in ...so much so it was all most scary.....

it was so fast it snap the peep lose .....with zero noise and zero shock to my self...

Imho the power of the bow is over powering for its size in the (speed mod) ....

fast ... yes "bad ass fast !" i have shot alot of bows in the past 38 years this is a out right a very fast bow in the speed mod.

i should have shot the bow a few dozen times before sighting in . i got it rough sighted but its a (wild child ) and out right takes time to tame her down some ...

as far as fast vs power ....as my peep sight came lose so did one of my satellite Gold series 2980 and my muzzy broadhead . destoring both the arrow and the broadhead in one shot ..the impact to a 2 by 6 was in about 2 1/2 inches and crushed the front 3 inches of the arrow ...this aroow shaterd from the impact...

over all

the bow is very fast ,maybe to fast for the avg hunt...

the bow is smooth and has allmost no vibration at all

zero noise ,the arrow made more noise hitting the target than the bow did , once it started to losen up ithere was zero noise ...

there is alot of good bows out there these days ... i made the right chioce for me ...the bow is a strong 10 ...

ps ....( new Bowtech 2006 tribute , 71# 29 draw lenght , 29 inch satellite gold , 125 gran muzzy, drop away and D loop )
Where in upstate NY are you located?
Old 08-22-2006, 08:58 PM

both companys make great products,just a matter of personal preference. but im kinda partial to bowtech myself...lol! good luck on your search
Old 08-22-2006, 09:30 PM

you cant go wrong with either, I love my Allegiance and my shooting partner loves his mathews. Both are great bows.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:15 AM

Rick

i live 9 miles out side of Heuvelton in st lawrence county . the fish creek public hunting area is about 10 -12 miles long and runs both side of fish creek about 1-4.1/2 miles wide 0n each side . i have walked both sides from one end to the other dozens of times ....my girl friend owns a 17 acer hobby farm that boarders fish creek on the sountern side .i own 73 acer hobby farm across the road . i have lived here all my life and know the area like the back of hand ....there are no guides for this area but if you are ever up this way let me know and i would be glad to add a guest to my hunting party ....
Old 08-23-2006, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: the blindbowmen

Rick

i live 9 miles out side of Heuvelton in st lawrence county . the fish creek public hunting area is about 10 -12 miles long and runs both side of fish creek about 1-4.1/2 miles wide 0n each side . i have walked both sides from one end to the other dozens of times ....my girl friend owns a 17 acer hobby farm that boarders fish creek on the sountern side .i own 73 acer hobby farm across the road . i have lived here all my life and know the area like the back of hand ....there are no guides for this area but if you are ever up this way let me know and i would be glad to add a guest to my hunting party ....
Good to hear from another fellow NY'er......welcome. If your ever in Albany stop in to see us at Lemme's on Central Ave.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:03 PM

i have been a recluse 17 years , i dont get out much lol . the new tribute is doing great i got one pin at 35 one at 55 and i am hiting 3d small deer from 72 ft .ill add my 3rd pin for 75 ft and start shotting from 80 ft this week some time ..

so far its cost me 3 arrows . really two sighting in and the 3rd hit the upper leg inner plastic and broke the muzzy and the arrow trying to get it out of the 3d deer target ...just starting to see a 8 - 9 inch curve in my arrow flight path should be able to take this bow out to 125 ft in stale air ...

i rate the tribute a strong 10 .....

its razor fast and zero noise zero shock ...

got to wait for the wind to die down some its getting wild out there at 72ft ...

i have never taken a bow past 80 ft with a arrow under 31 1/2 inches this should be a real test for this bow & arrows ......i may have to go to a longer arrow to keep enough stablity the arrows are drifting a little (3- 5 1/2 inches )at ft72 ft and the avg is opened out to a 8 inch circle at 72ft ... ill mark my 75 ft pin and than step out to 80ft and tune in ....

shot about 40 times today need to rest the arm tonight ... stay safe stay free
Old 08-24-2006, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

BOWTECH!!! I shot the Mathews and still went with the Bowtech, even though the constant bombardment from advertising told me I wouldn't. Bowtech is one hell of a good bow and one of the underlying reasons that I chose mine was because I can be a little unique with it, because it ISN'T a Mathews. Good luck in your choice, but I think shooting the Bowtech will make your choice easy!
Old 08-24-2006, 08:57 AM

in my oppinion the bowtech line has a better product. the diamond line by bowtech is really nice as well. i have shot the switchback and xt and the diamond victory is a way better bow. also to many people get blinded and misled by ibo speed. if your not shooting 70 pounds with a 30 inch draw youll never get close to it. i have a 28 inch draw and picked up a diamond victory and tested it out at gander and it was setup at 60 pounds and we chronoed it at 292 fps which is smokin for my draw and weight. i shot the mathwes at the same setup and it was at 255 fps. plus the victory is really light and the mathwes is alot heavier and bulkier
Old 08-24-2006, 12:30 PM

I would say you can't go wrong with either. I have the new Switch Back XT and my hunting buddy "Ropedog" has the new BowTech Tribute. They bow shoot very fast and very accurate. The Bowtech is a little more exspensive than the Mathews. I paid $630.00 for the Mathews and I think Ropedog paid around $670.00 for the Bowtech.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:57 PM
Fork Horn

well stopped by the dealer on the way home today.they didn't have any tributes but they had a new mathews XT for demo.I will say that is the most smothest bow I have drawn yet.I liked it alot better than the 05 defender I had.I wish I could shoot a tribute some where.maybe they will get some REAL SOON!!! I am doing a 3-D shoot first week of sept.I need to get the ball ROLLING!!!!!!

Quick Reply: bowtech or mathews?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.