Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Which brand bow? >

Which brand bow?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Which brand bow?

Old 08-19-2006, 09:11 AM

Default RE: Which brand bow?

Darton is supposed to have a new bow in the assault series in about a month with their new 2.5 cam system. The Bengal might be a good bow, just remember it is a modular riser (3 parts).
Old 08-19-2006, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hoyt Protec, Reflex, Diamond and recently Fred Bear bows have been getting excellent reviews. Check these out and you should find something you like. I personally don't think that the top end bows are worth what they sell for. They are better but not 50% better in many cases.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I may chime in, these bows are some to check out for bargain performers.

Bowtech Blackhawk package, or Diamond's bows

Darton Marauder, or the single cam version, or if $ are really tight, the Vapor.

Martin Bengal

Fred Bear Instinct or Code

Reflex Highlander, Superslam, or Timberwolf

Pearson's special edition bows, sold on ebay or ArcheryTalk classifieds. I think the Passion 2 would be the top choice personally.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:51 PM

All great bows for the money.

Old 08-19-2006, 09:15 PM

I do want to thank all of you for the input. This does help me feel better in my evaluation. There are so many new choices out there. It is very nice to be able to get advice and information outside of the local proshop.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:15 PM

Definitely look at the Diamond bows. In their price range they have the best strings, and bearings in the cam and idler. Also look at the BowTech TomKat. For under $500. you get a package bow with Binary cams.Hard bows to beat, considering cost.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:27 PM

Just please do one thing, ok? Please don't get your bow via mail order or BassPro.....go to a Pro Shop so you can shoot it and get some EXPERT advise before you buy......... We have had numerous customers come in w/ a bow they bought at BassPro that just wasn't set up correctly, or for that matter, even a bow that fit them. One guy came in the other day w/ a bow set up on a 30" draw....but he was a 32".......no wonder he was so uncomfortable. Especially since you've been out of the sport so long, and really have no idea what you are looking for.....Please, please please go to a proshop and shoot them before you buy......Please.....

All of the above are excellent choices.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:26 PM

There are literally no bows being made today that won't shoot an arrow where it's pointed. All that is required is that you know how to set the rest, the nocking point and how to tune your arrows. Tuning your arrows properly is about 100 times more important than what bow you shoot. You should pay attention to each in the same proportion.
Old 08-20-2006, 04:32 PM

So, using that logic, every shotgun I pick up I should be able to shoot equally as well the next, right? No, simply because not every shotgun is built the same, and not every shotgun will fit each individual the same.

The same is true of bows. While what you are saying is GENERICALLY accurate, it's not true. One person will shoot this bow better than that, and vice versa. It's still best to shoot the one you want before you buy it.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ok, I guess it is time to be laughed at but, I like my older bow.
It is a Bear/Jennings"Bruin " and I love the results I get from it.

Quick Reply: Which brand bow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.