HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Outfitting a New Bow (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/15210-outfitting-new-bow.html)

wear 11-06-2002 06:33 PM

Outfitting a New Bow

I am getting a new Matthews FX this weekend and would like some input on some good, but inexpensive equipment to go with this bow. I think I'm set on the rest-Quiktune 1000- I'd like to have this ready by next week.

moonge 11-06-2002 07:15 PM

RE: Outfitting a New Bow

I also have a FX- that I got when they came out with it. look into the following equipment.

Toxonics Hybrid Sight
Bohning Lynx Quiver
Golden Key Shoot Out or Mirage
Golden Key Tranquilizer

this is a great bow for the money.

CAJUNBOWHNTR 11-06-2002 07:41 PM

Cobra makes some inexpensive sights.I would at least get a sight that has a dovetail mounting sysytem with allen head screws you can lock down tight.For the money you cant beat a quickie quiver.It comes with a detachable mount so you can remove it once your in your stand if you prefer.There are only about a gazillion types of stabilizers out there,doinker makes a good one as do others.KISS that's my motto.
Happy hunting,

Billy
PS where's antler eater with his long welcome to the Mathews brotherhood epic:)

WHACKEM N STACKEM

wear 11-06-2002 08:02 PM

Thanks guys. Hopefully I'll get some more input. I've shot a Darton for 12 yrs. now and am way over due for a new bow. I got the green light to get a new bow Sat. night from the wife,.... while we were boozing it up at a wedding reception. I guess I took advantage of the situation. Anyway, for now I can't get too fancy or go with any thing in the higher price range. Just looking to get some quality stuff for a decent price. Who knows, it might be another 12 yrs before I get another new bow. Hey Moonge, other than the GK Tranquilizer(stabilizer) did you use any other type of equipment to keep the bow quiet?

notavegetarian 11-07-2002 12:11 AM

For $19.99 you can get a Cobra Phantom site at Wal-Mart.

I bought mine figuring I would get another one in a couple of months when I had the dough but now I'm going to buy another one so I can just switch sights when I'm either shooting points or broadheads instead of having to readjust my sights.

Best sight for the money IMHO (metal fiber optic pins and all metal const, not plastic!).

Kirk

Edited by - notavegetarian on 11/07/2002 01:12:34

okbwhtr 11-07-2002 12:55 AM

Great choice on bow! I shoot a Legacy! I would look at truglow lite site from walmart stores for good price site that works. I do beleive the trophy taker fall away is a great product. You can ask pro shooter George Dixon at georgedixon.net what he uses on pro circuit and he will tell you trophytaker. It works. I would be glad to send picture of mine if you would like. I think doinker or simms make best stabilizers. Good Luck and you did good in choosing Mathews.

mez 11-07-2002 02:14 PM

Montana Black Gold makes a good inexpensive site, they lock down tight and stay put. I have a cabon impact stabilizer and am happy with it, compared it to the simms and it was just as quiet for about half the price. I use one of the new Alpine detachable quivers and I really like it. It goes on and off really easy and is really quiet, the arrows fit tight and I get no fletching noise/slap when I shoot. These three accessories will set you back about $130.

bassmaster1200 11-07-2002 04:36 PM

i to got a FX i love it got
WB FOR REST
savage site
and doinker stablizer
i hope you enjoy it as much as i do

wear 11-07-2002 05:12 PM

I'm glad I held out for a Matthews. Looked at a new Hoyt(Magna Tec), but was selling for over $600. My brother and nephew each put a deposit down on a 2003 model. I know I'll be happy with the FX. I just hope it gets delivered tomorrow. Later fellas