HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Help? Arrow Wobble (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/151739-help-arrow-wobble.html)

SmokinVFT 08-13-2006 07:41 PM

Help? Arrow Wobble

Hi im fairly new to this forum only posted a few times... anyway. Im 14 and have a bowtech allegiance VFT. When i go to shoot my bow the arrow always seems to wobble some. Im new to archery so im not real sure how to correct this. Could someone explain in detail to me whats wrong and how to fix this.

Thanks Josh

BGfisher 08-13-2006 08:17 PM

RE: Help? Arrow Wobble

I'll make it short and sweet Josh. Your problem is that the bow/arrow combination is not tuned properly. You can go to Eastonarchery.com and download their tuning guide. This explains a lot about tuning and even fine tuning. It also explains such things as basic bow setup, which is where you need to start.

I would also suggest that you spend some time at the pro-shop and learn the lingo. Ask questions about how to set up and tune the bow. They should be happy to help you. And do it now before bowhunting season gets any closer. They'll have more time now than later.

mobow 08-13-2006 08:19 PM

Well buddy, welcome to the wonderfully challenging world of archery! You've found a great place to hang out and learn. To go into detail of your specific issue could take us most of the night, but it's caused by a tuning issue. Your arrows aren't coming off of the rest properly, causing them to either fishtail or pourpoise. Go to www.eastonarchery.com and download the tuning guide. It gets pretty, well, in depth, but it's good stuff. Head to your local pro shop and get that rascal paper tuned.

Be sure to use good form, and let's not torque that bow handle. Bow torque will ruin you before you ever let go of the string.

SmokinVFT 08-13-2006 10:16 PM

Thanks for all the replys i really apprieciate it. Im gonna go look at that tuning guide right now. Mobow what do u mean by torqueing the bow handle.

Finch 08-13-2006 11:17 PM

Smokin: Welcome to the forums there bud.:)

What Mobow means is to have a relaxed grip on the bow handle. Do not grip the handle too tight. Your hand does not have to be wrapped around the bow handle. Follow through when you shoot.

Finch 08-13-2006 11:25 PM

KodiakArcher 08-14-2006 12:37 PM

You can also impart torque by pulling the release away from your face instead of straight back in line with the shaft. Make sure that your tension (push/pull) is in a direct plane with the arrow shaft as you squeeze the trigger or you will torque the shot.

waltwittman 08-14-2006 01:30 PM

i wouldn't mess with your bow just yet.. get your form down and strengthen your muscles... them come back and tell us what is going on.. good luck buddy!