Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Old eyes renewed >

Old eyes renewed

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Old eyes renewed

Old 08-10-2006, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Old eyes renewed

Ok this may seem redundant, I have been wearing reading glasses since I was 44 yrs.old. at 57 I am now wearing 2.25 reading glasses. My eyesight is basically 20/15 probably from shooting trap and skeet for many years. I gave up shooting handguns and ironsights. On a pistol I can see the target fine and the sights are blurry, with reading glasses sights are great but target is blurry and yes I know both cant be clear, I mean to the point where scoring becomes an issue, can I hit the target yes. I have the same problem with my peep sight on my bow target looks great pins sometimes blur into each other or rather the glow from the pin blurs into the other again 1/4" difference at 20-30yds may mean the difference between a 16 or 20 score on target. I have looked at the verifier peeps but have not heard any sucess stories about them till now. I also didn't want to get the sales pitch when I went to try them out.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tell me somthing Silver Fox after all was said and done what was the finnial cost to you? I looked at that link and coulden't figure it all out as I am not sure all the parts you need. I know it will vary shop to shop but a ball park would be nice. Thanks another oldie
Mike
Old 08-10-2006, 03:05 PM
Spike

I guess I was pretty lucky with the place I take my bow to get any work done to it. She said we would just order one in with the weakest lense and give it a try. She said if it didn't work we would try the next strongest lense and if none of the lenses workedfor me there would be no cost. (She was curious also) Well the first one did.

I also have very good eyesight at a distance. It is just up close that I can't see well. That is why I have to wear the readers, even while I'm typing this. I have tried keeping my readers on and shooting the bow and the pins are great but the target is really fuzzy. No way could I shoot with them on.

I would recommend finding a shop that will do for you what mine did for me or one that has a display of the different lenses so you can try the different strengths out.

By the way, this set me back $25.50 for the verifier lense and $21.95 for the peep housing. Ah Yes, plus tax. There was not a labor charge on the billbut was probably added into the cost of the items. Not cheap but such a small price to pay to be able to seeyour pins again. I just hope it works out well for anyone that may happen to try it. I'm not trying to sell this thing, just passing on something that has greatly improved a situation for me.

Silver Fox

Old 08-15-2006, 03:00 PM
Fork Horn

Bought a Verifier today, ended up with the orange dot lens (next to last in magnification). Holy crap it is really incredible, I can actually see the entire sight pin horizontal line and all. Can hardly wait till Wed. broadhead league.I think thesepeepswill bewell worth the money.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:15 PM
Typical Buck

I have been shooting one now since they first came out and it is like I used to be able to see the pins 20 years ago and yet the target stays crisp and clear. Silver , did you get the 1/4 inch set made more for the hunter since it would let in more light at dusk than the 1/8 inch one. My friend has the large one on his hunting bow and he loves it.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:14 PM
Spike

Archer 2 Yes, I got Super Hunter Peep System with the hooded peep. Just love it.
rcqerchowGlad to hear that itworked for you.Did you get the Hunter Peep or the 1/8 version?Lets hear it if helped you in your broadhead league..

Silver Fox
Old 08-17-2006, 08:17 PM
Fork Horn

Got the smaller aperture as he was out of the hunter peep. I had him order the hunter peep, things seemed to work out fine. One glitch was the verifier was not set in the same spot as my old peep and my 10yd. pin became my 30yd. pin, scared the crap out of me. Readjusted the peep and back to hitting the X at 20yds. I am supposed to pick up the hunter peep next Tuesday but I don't know if I will install it yet.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:24 PM
Fork Horn

As far as the broadhead league goes that was a bust due to the improper peep mount. Tried fixing it on the range while moving between targets got folks backed up behind us and P.O.'d. I got it moved down but couldn't get the proper rotation back to the peep so I had to shoot instinctive around or over the peep ( something I haven't done in 30 yrs. or better) so I went from a solid 260 to a 166 for this week. But she's all back together now and I was hitting the X ring quite well.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:49 PM
Fork Horn

Well I got the Hunter peep and had it installed at a shop by my home. Went to the range and started getting everything dialed back in, when all of a sudden I couldn't see my pins very well. I took a piece of plastic tubing and passed it all the way through the center of the peep. I called the shop and he said to bring it in that maybe the aperture had backed out and fallen out. So back to the shop we go and when the tech went to install a new aperture we found that the old one was still in but the lens had fallen out. He gave me a new aperture and installed it, thinking maybe he had pushed the lens loose with the installation tool. God I hope so, doesn't make me feel to warm and cozy to think the lens could just fall out. Everything is starting to point to-- "if it ain't broke don't fix it". While I was shooting a couple guy's came in with red dot scopes, maybe that would have been a better system to use????
Old 08-25-2006, 07:27 PM

YES THE VERIFIER CAN BACK OUT, ONLY IF YOU DONT SNUG IT UP WHEN YOU INSTALL IT.I USE THE LOWEST POWER (PINK) IT REALLY CLEARS UP THE PINS BUT THE TARGET IS SLIGHTLY OUT OF FOCUS. THAT IS BECAUSE I WEAR BIFOCALS.I WAS TOLD UP FRONT FROM ARCHERY SPECIALTY THAT MIGHT HAPPEN BECAUSE OF MY LENS PERSCRIPTION
WITHOUT IT I WOULD HAVE TO GO TO SOME KIND OF SCOPE SIGHT. SINCE I USE A KELLER PENDULUM SIGHT THE VERIFIER IS MY CHOICE.
WHILE I WAS RESTING ONE DAY I PUT A BRIGHT GREEN FIBE OPTIC ON MY KELLER SIGHT, GIVES ME 20/30 MINUTES MORE MORNING AND EVENING.

BIG BUCK,STEADY AIM, SMOOTH RELEASE SMIIIILLLLLEEEE
GGBH

Quick Reply: Old eyes renewed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.