Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Diamond Victory or Bowtech Allegiance >

Diamond Victory or Bowtech Allegiance

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Diamond Victory or Bowtech Allegiance

Old 08-07-2006, 10:57 PM

Default Diamond Victory or Bowtech Allegiance

I have been having a heck of a time with my Extreme VFT. It is very very fast and when shooting good shoots great groups. Here is the big but

BUT

It seems to be very maintenance needy. I have to have every nock position exact, the timing of the rest exact etc. etc. etc. or I have clearance issues.It would be a great bow for someone who has more time and knowledge than I. But for methe time and frustration of taking the bow in every other monthis getting old.

I need a good bow that I can get tuned once a year at the pro shopand not have to worry is this the lasst shot that will hit where it is supposed to? My old Hoyt with twin cams I took it in to the pro shop each summer for what they called a Spec. Tune and it shot great all year long. New string every other year for over 9 years.

So nowthe hunt for a new bow begins.

I went to the pro shop and shot a few bows. I shot the Mathews Switchback and it was OK, I have shot it several times trying to like it but I still dont like it.

I have several friend who are die hard Hoyt guys. The pro shop as well are die hard Hoyt guys,and I still dont like the feel of the cam & 1/2 bows. I tried the new Trykon in both models and still dont like the way the draw feels. They even adjusted the draw on the XL twice for me and it changed but I still didnt like it.

I shot two Bowtech bows the Diamond Victory and the Allegiance. I liked the feel of the draw on the Victory better. Mainly becauseit felt more like what I am used to. The binary camson the Allefiance just felt different, but still better than other bows.

Sorry for the long windedexplanation but here is the big ?

What bow do you think would be the best in the way of low maintenance and ease to tune? Allegiance or Victory

Any other bowsyou like I wouldnt mind hearing about but these are what are available locally. I want to buy it from these guys since they have been great to work with and I want to stay local.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:11 AM

Default RE: Diamond Victory or Bowtech Allegiance

IMO the Alegiance is a set er up and leave er alone type of bow.

The shorter string on the Binary creeps less than Solo cam bows. The nock travel is great, The timing or sync on the system never really needs to be touched.

You will get more brace, more speed, less reflex, better nock travel, less kick and less trouble out of an Allegiance as compared to your VFT
Old 08-08-2006, 08:13 AM

Both are excellent bows which makes the decision hard. The Victory has a very nice draw, is quiet and has very little handshock. It is a single cam bow so should have low maintenance but will have more nock travel. My friend has one and I am thinking about buying one as a backup.
The Allegiance is just an awesome bow. The Binary cam practically eliminates timing issues. Very little if any nock travel and is super fast, quiet with very little shock. I really like the draw and let off with the Binary cams.
I guess it all comes down to what you can afford. You can find some very nice 2005 Allegiance bow on eBay for under $500. Or, you can buy a new Victory for around the same price.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:43 PM
Typical Buck

like the guys stated previously. Both are excellent choices. Right now I am debating whether to take the target sight off my alleginace and use it for my upcoming antelope hunt or taking my '06 diamond victory. Both are equally at fast at my draw length but the Allegiance is smoother drawing in my opinion. good luck it is a win win.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:43 PM

Make sure you try both the fast and the smooth modules on the Allegiance, they are very different feeling. I don't think you can go wrong with either bow but I do like the Binary Cam better than the single cam.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dont forget to try the Tribute. Its basically an Allegiance with a shorter string, which adds a 1/2" to the brace height and shortens the A2A to 31.5".
Old 08-08-2006, 04:38 PM

Well I went and shot them both again today. I like the Allegiance a little better. I shot them both for about 15 minutes each and the Allegiance won me over. The good/bad thind is they got my bow shooting great again. They started from scratchand set it up with a new TT pronghorn rest and it is shooting great again. My hunt starts in 2 weeks so I will stick with my Extreme, but once the hunt is over I will lay away an Allegiance. In the long run I think I will be happier with the Allegiance.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like you could keep your current bow as a great backup... You'll absolutely love the Allegiance if you go with one. Like Rack stated... shorter string, and the binary cam serves to auto-correct any imbalances within the system because both cams are slaved to one another. I thinkyou'll love the feature of the interchangeable draw mods as well.

Your Extreme should stay tuned better than what you're experiencing, in my opinion. Make sure it's fitted with quality strings such as Vapor Trail or the like (I'd shudder to think about some shop putting crappy Zebra strings on it!), and shooting feathers would go a long ways to helping with any fletching contact and forgiveness.

God bless, and good hunting!
Old 08-10-2006, 02:23 AM

Allegiance is my vote.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

pledge allegiance

Quick Reply: Diamond Victory or Bowtech Allegiance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.