HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Extreme VFT owners rest ? need help (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/150381-extreme-vft-owners-rest-need-help.html)

utah300rum 08-03-2006 11:14 PM

Extreme VFT owners rest ? need help

I have a '04 Extreme VFT, so far the bow has beenok but have had trouble with rests. I shoot Gold Tip XT 7595 with 4" Duravanes on a right helical, so a drop away is a must.

I have tried the Schaffer which was a great built rest but sat higher than my shelf and caused clearance issues. I tried 3 different prongs that they sent me but still they just did not drop down low enough.

I tried a Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter and it workedgood, butthe nock locationhad to be exact or it had clearance issues as well. But I could get it to shoot great but I really ha dto inspect each arrow as I nocked it.

The local Bowtech dealer that has been working with me finally said that Schaffertold himit is due to thenock travelin this bow. That it is one of the worst for travel and my arrows are leaving the string with the tail/nock end too low. I just have a hard time believing all Extreme VFT owners are having this problem

OK now for all you Extreme VFT owners what rest do you have and have you had clearance issues?

gibblet 08-04-2006 05:39 AM

RE: Extreme VFT owners rest ? need help

i think they're telling the truth. my neighbor has an extreme. i put a dropzone on it. it works great, but the arrow has to sit really nock high to get clearance. i tried everything i know to get around it.that bow also has a relatively low brace height. thing is - his arrows fly fantastic.
i'd try the standard launcher tt instead of the shaky. i haven't seen one instance where the extra large launcher actually keeps the arrow on any better than the small one - and sit your nock about 1/4" high.

RIStrutStopper 08-04-2006 01:49 PM

I have an '03 Extreme VFT, its the same as the '04 except for the camo pattern and the hush kit. I have a drop zone on it and had some clearance issues, but with the cables, not the rest. All i did was rotate my nocks so that the vanes don't make contact with the cable and I have no moreproblem.

Okie48 08-05-2006 07:04 AM

I have a 04 Extreme Vft I use the Whisker bisquit. I have none of those problems

utah300rum 08-05-2006 01:11 PM

When I had on my TT rest and as long as everything was perfect it did shoot fantastic. Just everything had to be perfect to clear. I dont want the worry of having to have everything perfect all the time. Stuff happens especially when hunting, nocks move rests get bumped etc. I spot and stalk thru heavy oak brush, sage etc. stuff is gonna get wacked.

I am leaning toward trying a new TT pronghorn or the drop zone. The TT is alot less $. Maybe I could get the pro shop to try aboth and if it one cant clear let me return it.

I have tried a WB, I think they are ok for 20-30 yard shots but I had horrible groups out any farther. Several of my friend experienced the same thing. I actually group better with my Schafferw/ contactthan I did with the WB.

Thanks for all you help. I am still working on it I emailed Bowtech asking for some advice on setting up and/or rests. Hopefully I will hear back soon.

Arrroman 08-05-2006 08:36 PM

I have a 2003 VFT and zero problems with a whisker biscuit on it.

Good luck hunting! >>>------------>

JARED_LA 08-06-2006 08:17 PM

Same here, zero problems with my 2003 Extreme VFT and TT. Like gibblet said for a dropaway, the nock point has to be high.

utah300rum 08-08-2006 04:43 PM

Well I finally got my bow back and it is shooting great again. They broke it down and started from scratch. Took the string off checked the cams etc. then reassembled it. They installed a new TT pronghorn rest and changed the nock point a little.

I will stick with it thru this years hunts, but I went and shot a new Allegiance and now I'm in trouble. Once my hunts are over I am going to layaway a new Allegiance. In the long run, I think I will be much happier with it.

Thank You allfor your help