Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 i hate to admit it, but........... >

i hate to admit it, but...........

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

i hate to admit it, but...........

Old 07-27-2006, 12:47 PM

Default RE: i hate to admit it, but...........

I don't know about bending the riser. My last Mathews, I set a world record for tightening/untightening the limb bolts to make adjustments on my strings and cables no matter what brand of strings I used. Got real tired of it.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chupacabras, I bet my Patriot would give your Mathews a run for it's money in the # of times I ran the limb bolts in & out playing with different strings & specs. It's no wonder the riser never melted[8D].

Good to hear I'm not alone.

Funny thing, itruined me on caring to tweak.
My latest bow has only been pressed once or twice-
I just set it & forget it!
Luckily it hasn't needed any attention thus far, I've got other things to do..... just what I was after.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like a friend of mine who shoots traditonal equipment only. He says from the first time a bow is shot it starts going downhill because of the flexing of the limbs. According to him each shot taken is progressively shortening the life of a set of limbs. [&:] Huh?
Old 07-28-2006, 08:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

According to him each shot taken is progressively shortening the life of a set of limbs. [&:] Huh?
I guess that'd be true -- over the course of a millenium or so. [8D]
Old 07-28-2006, 10:36 AM
Fork Horn

you know it was a really hard descision for me to buy a new bow between the tribute and the switchbackxt... but you know i have to disagree with ya a little, i shot both 2 or 3 times and it was really tough to make a descision between the 2 but honestly the bowtech just felt better on the draw and the release, and believe it or not it sounded more quiet to me without all the harmonic dampers built in... believe me im not putting down mathews at all they are a great bow but its funny how different bows feel different to different people... good luck with you new bow...
Old 07-28-2006, 01:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck with yours.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Gibblet!

Yes Terry's right ,I've been working like a freakin madman ,getting ready for our holiday's tomorrow ,I'm heading north with the family and friend's for some serious walleye fishing for the week. I've been popping in and out ,but just haven't had too much time for posting .
Just to let you know the new string's and cable's are awsome I've got this bow dialed shooting bullet's at 40yrds ,seem's my inconsistancy problem all along wasthat I had setmy nock point to my arrow rest ,which was causing me some real headache's with fletching contact from being set too low.Now I've got rest raised and in turn raised my nock point as well ,bullet's my friend bullet's with no fletching contact .I'm one happy guy.I know I posted some pic's of my bow ,with your string's and cable's,but the pic doesn't do it any justice ,because they look soexcellent .But I have to tell you ,this floating yoke system is awsome on the dually, it work's great and feel's so much smoother than the stock system it's unreal.
So you went and bought a Math.... did ya ,I know when Terry told me ,I wouldn't believe him . SoI came and found out for myself ,I have a hard time believing it. All kidding aside ,the Mathew's is an excellent bow ,andI don't tell too many about this ,that I also thought about buying one myself at one time . So don't spread it around ,let it be our secret LOL
Congrat's on the new bow and enjoy .
I got Tom's string's and cable ,but we haven't been able to hook up and get it on for him yet ,but I'll tell you bud ,you have a real knack for biulding a great product.
Take care and I'll speak to ya whenI return from a week's walleye fishing .

nubo

Old 07-29-2006, 07:48 PM

John Im gone for a little while and look at what you do. I dont blame you. I dont care for the binarys either.

Things have been crazy on my end. Wife quit her job to stay home with the kids, so I have been doing 70 hour weeks a work to make up the difference in income.

Enjoy your new purchase.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:25 AM

keep your chin up sharkey. i know those extra kids probably need your wifes presence real bad if they have a chance to recover. you are an amazing family and i'm really touched by what you 2 are doing - and anytime you need anything from me do not hesitate.