Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Help me FAST!

Old 07-07-2006, 11:32 AM

Default Help me FAST!

OK I'll explain my problem. Iborrowed an old Browning bow from my uncle yesterday and I was practicing pulling it back about 10 minutes ago. I bumped something and I lost my grip on the string. It slipped out, dry-fired and something broke off of it. I don't know anything about bows, but it'sa plastic piece holding the cables together after they come off the cam. (I think that's what it's called.) Is this easy and quick to fix? I'm 14 and scared to death right now. It's a Browning Mag Reflex 45-70 lbs, 29-32 inch. Please help me fast!
Old 07-07-2006, 12:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Help me FAST!

your story isnt making sense, is it the piece holding the cables to the cable guard?

Old 07-07-2006, 01:06 PM

Here'es some pictures, finally got the camera to work.

This is the whole bow. It's plain, nothing on it at all.

Here's a closer view of the top.

Old 07-07-2006, 01:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

shew youve got problems unless you have a bow press, take it to a shop and have them fix it
Old 07-07-2006, 02:09 PM

Is it bad? That was my first time actually having a real bow. To me it looked like just that plastic clip thing was the problem. How much would that cost to fix? I'm saving for a truck and a new gun but maybe not anymore.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:34 PM
Fork Horn

woah boy u got problems but it looks to me like all thats happened is the cable slide popped off of the guard and ur cables jumped off the wheels should be a pretty easy fix assuming the limbs arent cracked and the wheels arent screwed up any and a good pro shop shouldnt charge that much to do it for ya

hope u get it fixed and get out there shooting again soon good luck
Old 07-07-2006, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Take it to a shop as recommended above. It ooks like s imple matter of replacing the cable slide and putting the cables back on the wheels. Easy enough to do, but a press is needed, which you don't have. Also the shop can look the bow over and determine if there is any collateral damage.

And relax. Take a Valium or something. It's not a big deal if that's all that's happened.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

take it to a shop itll cost you but not much, most of the price is labor, shops charge an enormous amount of labor
Old 07-08-2006, 05:36 PM

Oh man, the first shop I went to said they could fix it but that cable slides aren't available anymore and they can't get any. Does anyone know where I can get old bow parts? There's another shop I'm gonna try to go to, after that I don't know. My uncles gonna be mad if I have to give it back broke.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think you need to be honest with your uncle .explain to him that it was an accident .I'm sure he'll be more understanding than you may be thinking he's gonna be .

nubo

Quick Reply: Help me FAST!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.