Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 whats  the best fall away rest? >

whats the best fall away rest?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

whats the best fall away rest?

Old 07-01-2006, 10:23 PM

Default whats the best fall away rest?

im thinking about changing from my trustworthy biscuit to a fall away because im using the small blazer vanes this year and they keep getting all screwed up from the biscuit. whats the best fall away out there?
Old 07-02-2006, 12:19 AM

Default RE: whats the best fall away rest?

I am only 15 years old but my dad owns a archery shop and we sale more Trophy Takers than anything. That is what me, my dad, and my brother shoots. They are relyable and they WILL NOT cost you an arm and a leg. Thanks
I hopedI helped you.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:45 AM
Banned

The Trophy Taker.HCH

Old 07-02-2006, 07:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

How can this be? Blazers are supposed to work well with the biscuits.

I've heard of some that don't fit a Hoyt so that may narrow things down a bit. I have a GKF Infinity drop. It is the infinity rest made into a drop and can be used as a springy rest if so desired and comes with 4 different launchers. Other than a design flaw it is built like a tank, and very micro adjustable. The problem is the spring and the tolerances of it with it's housing, it rattles on the shot giving noise and vibration. I fixed it by making a shim out of a dura vane. Other than that I don't think there is a better one. Don't be fooled into believing the service is 100% satisfaction from GKF. It will cost you more if there is a problem. I have experienced the real deal and can say from experience that GKF doesn't measure up. Persistence will get you about 80%.The fact that it's two rests in one is a real plus. Mine cost around $130.

Old 07-02-2006, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had excellent results with the New Archery Products Quick Tune 2000 drop aways on my Hoyt VTec and Hoyt MagnaTec. Seems to be simple and rugged. Doesn't hurt that it's not very expensive either.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:49 PM

sorry i meant quick spin speed hunters. they are just like the 2 inch blazers but they are the quick spins. but they were getting trashed so i just got a trophy taker today and love it and get this. i went from shooting 268 to 282 fps by changing from the biscuit to the trophy taker. i think the biscuit slows down the quick spins alot more then regular vanes though since they have the little lip in them.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:36 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: VA HEAD HUNTER

sorry i meant quick spin speed hunters. they are just like the 2 inch blazers but they are the quick spins. but they were getting trashed so i just got a trophy taker today and love it and get this. i went from shooting 268 to 282 fps by changing from the biscuit to the trophy taker. i think the biscuit slows down the quick spins alot more then regular vanes though since they have the little lip in them.
WOW!!! DID you HEAR that WB shooters? HCH
Old 07-04-2006, 02:38 PM
Fork Horn

with out a dout the Vital Bow Gear's Kaz-a-way
Old 07-05-2006, 12:03 PM

I would agree with mac87toy. the vilay bow gear kaz a way
is an exellent rest. One great thing about it, it hold the arrow in place
so you dont need to keep your finger on the arrow itself.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:21 PM

Schaffer rests!!!!! They make one specific for Hoyt bows, check them out. www.Schafferarchery.com .

Quick Reply: whats the best fall away rest?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.