Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Quick check for me. GT CAAs >

Quick check for me. GT CAAs

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Quick check for me. GT CAAs

Old 03-03-2009, 03:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Quick check for me. GT CAAs

Alright, I found a GREAT deal on some GT CAA 400s (.390 spine). I'm at work and all of the arrow charts/software is blocked due to a "weapons" category filter. I'm assuming since these are a .390 spine, I would be ok with my current setup since I shoot 3-49s/390s. I'm planning to cut these to 27", so at 58-61#, 101st Airborne, 28.5" DL, will I be ok? Thanks, guys. Normally I would do this myself, but like I said, I want to confirm it today, and purchase these before they're gone. Thanks.

Old 03-03-2009, 03:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Quick check for me. GT CAAs

I will sell ya 3 straight CAA 350s and 2 bent ones for real cheap buddy.[8D]Hold on I will check ya out.

Old 03-03-2009, 03:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

100 grain tips?

Old 03-03-2009, 03:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks good from where I am sitting. According to the chart. 55-60 lbs, 100 grain tip, 26 to 27 inch arrow in a CAA calls foreitheror. Meaning either a.440spine or a .390 spine. This sounds like what you are looking for, cause if anything it's the stiffer option of the two. Where'd ya find em?
Old 03-03-2009, 03:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another attractive thing for you is that these come with pin nocks.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

Looks good from where I am sitting. According to the chart. 55-60 lbs, 100 grain tip, 26 to 27 inch arrow in a CAA calls foreitheror. Meaning either a.440spine or a .390 spine. This sounds like what you are looking for, cause if anything it's the stiffer option of the two. Where'd ya find em?
Thanks, bud. Found them on AT, but I'm second in line[&:] I'm going to get all 2 dozen if I can.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cool

sent ya a pm ... disregard
Old 03-03-2009, 04:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

These also come with the adapters and pin nocks, so that's good. If I get them, I may try fletching them up with the fusion vanes.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Word of Warning- don't know if GT has made any improvements to these in recent years since they purchased Blackhawk, but they are def more prone to bending than a similar A/C/C and the carbon fibers lift /nick/ding much easier. They also have noisier finish.

No free lunch with those puppies- but they do shoot well.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JeffB

Word of Warning- don't know if GT has made any improvements to these in recent years since they purchased Blackhawk, but they are def more prone to bending than a similar A/C/C and the carbon fibers lift /nick/ding much easier. They also have noisier finish.

No free lunch with those puppies- but they do shoot well.
I've heard that, and well, we'll find out I can live with some of those issues, considering I got 2 dozen with pin nocks, adapters and inserts for the cost of 1 dozen ACCs

Quick Reply: Quick check for me. GT CAAs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.