Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 whats  the best fall away rest? >

whats the best fall away rest?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

whats the best fall away rest?

Old 07-06-2006, 09:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: whats the best fall away rest?

Ripcord or Trophy Taker
Old 07-07-2006, 06:54 AM

I have used the Muzzy Zero Effect, Trophy Taker, Trophy Ridge Drop Zone, and now I am using the Ripcord. I think I just get bored with each because they all performed well. The Ripcord is nice because you don't have to worry about the arrow falling off while hunting.I think that is amazing that your speeds jumped that much with taking the whisker biscuit off.I never understood why anyone would want to shoot an arrow knowing that it is making contact with and creating friction for the whole length of the arrow while shooting.It has to hinder the flight somehow every shot.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've used several different fallaway rest as well and the one that quickly became my fav is the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone! This rest is as bullet-proof as they come and I've now hunted and shot the rest in every imaginable weather and shooting condition that the Midwest has thrown at me. The results, the TR DZ has ALWAYS performed flawlessly! Don't decide on any rest until you have atleast taken a very serious look at the DZ. Good luck and good shootin'

Old 07-10-2006, 09:16 PM

The vital bow gear gets my vote - I've had it on my 06 Allegiance since Jan and I would never change it. The arrow is ALWAYS ready, no clicking around if it slips off and re-setting while you're drawn with a monster beneath.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

The trophy taker will fit hoyts with the tec riser. They make one with the XL windage so that you can use a regular allen wrench. Before the XL windage, I was using the regular windage modeland cut down an allen wrench to fit in the tec riser. Trophy taker rests are about as simple as they come. I have one that has been on 4 different bows now and is still working strong.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:07 AM
Fork Horn

i went from a wb to a qad ultra rest and so far its been doing great it will get the real test this hunting season.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:33 AM

QAD Ultra Rest!
I have been using mine for over a year with no problems at all. Total containment and no fletching contact. I will be getting the Lock Down model soon to try out also.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

love the QAD ultra rest!
Old 07-11-2006, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the NAP quicktune 200 RG for matthews roller guard bows. I like it a lot. I have also heard that the trophy takers are very good rests as well!
Old 07-26-2006, 11:58 AM

check out the schaffer fall away... tought, light, and the damn thing gets the job done!!!

Quick Reply: whats the best fall away rest?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.