Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bowtech Allegiance >

Bowtech Allegiance

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Allegiance

Old 06-29-2006, 08:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowtech Allegiance

Doug,
Seriously?...........

I thought you were sworn off anything with a Bowtech logo on it? It seemed like every post you ever made on Archerytalk was to bury the idea of no split yokes and how "Bad" the "Cam lean" was on every one you saw?

Was all that based on a limited experience and now you are getting more hands on or what?

I'm curiorus and will absolutely take you seriously, but man what a 180.

If you need any help or advice on the Bowtechs please contact me anytime.
I wasn't getting snippy in defense of Bowtech, it was the idea of what I saw as bringing the problems of another site to this one. We do things differently over here. If it was Hoyt or Mathews or any number of other manufacturers I had noticed the same sort of trend I would have called like I saw it as well.

We can actually discuss designs and issues with any piece of equipment rather civilized over here and we like to keep it that way.

If you'd like to get a real dialogue going on the design of the binaries and their merits and concerns that's great, absolutely welcome that.
Glad to see you are getting a little face time with the bows. The Allegiance is a heck of a shooter in a package like that......A handful of the best MBR class IBO shooters are doing very well with theirs this year, and the IBO National Triple Crown title in MBR was won with an Allegiance last season as well.
It's essentially a hunting bow but is also more than capable in a high competition 3D setting where the longer ATA bows are the rule.

If you need any help just yell.

Old 06-29-2006, 08:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

DougK, if your sincere by all means buy it. I did after shooting the big 3 and I love the Allegiance, it's flawless in my opinion and I've been a Hoyt man for many many years, here's the link. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1421735
Old 06-29-2006, 08:56 PM
Spike

Matt,

A LOT of people like the bows...

I shot the Allegiance today..and thought it shot great.

I have never been "anti Bowtech" but it does concern me when I read of limbs splitting..etc..

but the Allegiance I saw/shot today...and trust me..I looked over and over for limb twist..and cam cant..and could see none.

I havea store credit so I can get one...and interesting enough..the one I am looking at getting is made by the store owner himself! He made it at the Bowtech dealer school!

people can change their opinions..I am a big Hoyt fan (I own 3) but my enthusiasm was certainly not with the models they made a number of years ago.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:00 PM
Spike

Matt,

a question...

does the TT rest work fine with the binary cam system?

I know Bowtech makes their cable slides to work with drop away rests..

thx..
Old 07-01-2006, 12:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll let Matt answer the TT question, as I think he may have had one on his... but I'll speak to fallaways in general; the litte tab you alluded to on the cable slide is awesome for attaching the cord from the rest. Easiest setup I've ever done.