Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bowtech Allegiance >

Bowtech Allegiance

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Allegiance

Old 06-28-2006, 10:31 PM
Spike

Default Bowtech Allegiance

Hi,

I am considering buying a Bowtech Allegiance. What are your impressions of the bow-and how good is the Binary cam system? I am concerned because it doesn't have a yoke..

Thx..
Old 06-29-2006, 12:02 AM

Default RE: Bowtech Allegiance

I have an '05 Allegiance and it's still shooting great. Took two bucks with it last fall and they didn't seem to know that they were hit and just walked away (and not very far). The bow is very quiet and very accurate with plenty of speed. I'm shooting it now off and on for 3D and regular practice and at 60/29 inch draw it's shooting the Beman Hunter Elite 400's 285 fps and the arrows are weighing in at 385 grains.

I sure like mine!
Old 06-29-2006, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like mine. It too is an'05 andhas performed flawlessly in the mountains and in the trees.

I have shot faster bows, I have shot bows with less handshock, and I have shot quieter bows; but I have never shotsucha pleasant blend of all three wrapped up in one weapon. Of the three catagories I listed it ranks near the top in every one.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:34 AM

that's the reason I brought my tribute because of no yoke and i think it's the best thing to come with bow sense the invention of 80% let-off.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:02 AM

One thing we have not read about is trouble with serving separation on the Binary cam system.. The string and cable tracks are well rounded and seem to be much kinder to servings. Low maintence should be considered when looking for a new bow
Old 06-29-2006, 03:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

The fact it has no yoke is one of the biggest advantages of this cam system; the cams are in essence slaved together, and therefore any "imbalances" in the system are equalized, or worked out.

I absolutely love mine; my father was visiting last week, and he was watching me shoot in my back yard. I was absolutely drilling dime-sized spots on my bag target, and he said "Now I know why you've got a room full of big bucks in there!"

Combine that awesome cam system with the micro-adjustability and incredibly solid back wall that comes along with the draw-stop peg, and you've got a winner!
Old 06-29-2006, 04:01 PM
Spike

Guys,

no cam cant problems? I was today looking at the Allegiance-even shot it 3 times-as was impressed.

I also drew-but did not shoot the Tribute. It was marked 71lbs and I found uncomfortable to draw. I did notice on the Tribute cam cant and limb twist.

I did not notice that on the Allegiance.

thx..
Old 06-29-2006, 04:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Doug,
I seem to recall you already are quite familiar with the Binary cam system and your dislike for Bowtech in general from your MANY posts on the subject of no splits, limb twist etc......on Archerytalk.

What's your point? Why the "acting stupid" route? The internet archery community is a small world so why are you trying to bringthe same old tired stuff over here that you've been spouting for months and then to pretend you are new to this?.......did you get banned from Atalk or what?

Seriously......you're going to try and play off like this is your first experience with Bowtech bows? That would almost be funny if it wasn'tso sad.[&o]

Keep whatever agenda you seem to havewhere it belongs and they seem to allow it, it won't fly over here.
I'm actually surprised that I'm the first to call you on it. I'd be more than happy to link a couple dozen posts of yours on the subject from the last 1/2 yr on Archerytalk for the members here to read if it would allow me to access them.....Hmmmm

So I'll tell ya what, I'll just post one you made HERE on 4/6 (Post #4)
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1496128&mpage=1&key=&#149624 5

The bows feel great at the draw-and shoot fast..

however they have cam lean and limb twist..and that is a serious concern..
First experience huh?
I have no problem with the discussion of the subject, it's your backhanded tactics that is the issue.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Doug,
I seem to recall you already are quite familiar with the Binary cam system and your dislike for Bowtech in general from your MANY posts on the subject of no splits, limb twist etc......on Archerytalk.

What's your point? Why the "acting stupid" route? The internet archery community is a small world so why are you trying to bringthe same old tired stuff over here that you've been spouting for months and then to pretend you are new to this?.......did you get banned from Atalk or what?

Seriously......you're going to try and play off like this is your first experience with Bowtech bows? That would almost be funny if it wasn'tso sad.[&o]

Keep whatever agenda you seem to havewhere it belongs and they seem to allow it, it won't fly over here.
I'm actually surprised that I'm the first to call you on it. I'd be more than happy to link a couple dozen posts of yours on the subject from the last 1/2 yr on Archerytalk for the members here to read if it would allow me to access them.....Hmmmm

So I'll tell ya what, I'll just post one you made HERE on 4/6 (Post #4)
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1496128&mpage=1&key=&#149624 5

The bows feel great at the draw-and shoot fast..

however they have cam lean and limb twist..and that is a serious concern..
First experience huh?
I have no problem with the discussion of the subject, it's your backhanded tactics that is the issue.
Get'm Mat, Get'm!!!

I love my Ally!!!

Old 06-29-2006, 08:05 PM
Spike

Matt,

Honestly I am changing my opinion on the Bowtech bows..at least the Allegiance..

I shot one 3 times today-and this one did not have the canting I had seen on others.

I am being sincere..I have a store credit and am seriously considering buying one..

Quick Reply: Bowtech Allegiance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.