HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   MATHEWS QUESTION (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/146073-mathews-question.html)

cjgjr 06-25-2006 04:16 PM

MATHEWS QUESTION

Hoping some of you mathewsshooterscan help me with this question.
I have a mathews classic just recently bought,It has the max cam.It is supose to be 80%letoff but feels like 60 or 65%!I have it set at 60lb.draw.I bought a bow scale and at full draw itssaying im holding 20lbs.at full draw?Is there somthing i can adjust?
On the cam where the string attaches there is a 1,2&3 peg.The string is currently on the #1.I imagine this is draw length adj.?The string is on the #1 and is 29" draw length.Im thinkin i could have been sold the 65%cam BOW instead of the 80%[:@]!Is there any specific markings on the cam that would tell me what percent cam it is??THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

4wheeldrive 06-25-2006 05:54 PM

RE: MATHEWS QUESTION

on your cam it will say Z2-CCR-HL IF IT HAS 80% LET OFF.I THINK THE HL MEANS HIGH LETOFF. ANYWAY I HAVE A MATHEWS CLASSIC WITH 80% LETOFF AND THATS WHATS ON MY CAM.

cjgjr 06-25-2006 06:05 PM

Yep thats whats on my cam!Z2-CCR-HL.
Now im very puzzled!!!!!!!!
I guess there 80% letoff is more like 67%[:'(]
I wonder if this is normal?
OH WELL,THANKS AGAIN........

4wheeldrive 06-25-2006 06:20 PM

ARE THE STRINGS ON BOTH SIDES OF CAM ON NO. 1 POST

cjgjr 06-25-2006 06:24 PM

YEP they are both on #1 post?

4wheeldrive 06-25-2006 06:40 PM

it should be at its max draw length of 29 inches to have 80% letoff if you go to 28inches you will have 65% letoff i guess 28 1/2 is somewhere in between. i think maybe you have the bow turned down so much that you really cant tell.

Rick James 06-25-2006 08:16 PM

Use the pic below to make sure your timing is on. It sounds like it is way off. Does the ATA and brace height measure in correctly? I would get a new set of string/cable from gibblet and then reset it all up and get it back in spec for cam rotation, brace height, and then let ata fall where it may as long as it is drawing correct poundage.

cjgjr 06-25-2006 08:33 PM

Im taking it to my mathews dealer to get it checked out.BRACE HEIGHT IS NOT 7".AND CAM LOOKS OFF!MAYBE AXLE BENT.THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME AND WISDOM!!

Rick James 06-25-2006 08:59 PM

Woops, forgot to attach the image. I would print this and bring it to your dealer so he can time it for you.

onestab 06-26-2006 06:53 AM

Rick...don't mean to divert this thread but noticed in your block that you own the XT and the Liberty. Aren't these two bows very similar in every respect except for ATA length? I have some tendonitis issues in my elbow and am looking for a smooth drawing bow. Which of these two is better in that regard. If they are even on draw, which has better "shootability" in the hands of the average archer? Thanks!