Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Velcro Releases

Old 06-24-2006, 12:29 PM

Default Velcro Releases

How many of you shoot releases that use velcro to secure it to your wrist? How do you keep this quiet when you draw back?

Thanks
Old 06-24-2006, 01:21 PM

Default RE: Velcro Releases

Mine doesn't make any noise when I draw my bow. I don't know that I would buy a new one right before you go hunting, but once they are broken in that shouldn't be an issue.

They do make noise when you put them on or take them off. I just put mine on before I walk to my stand is all.

Paul
Old 06-24-2006, 01:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Having tried a few I didn't like the Velcros for that reason, so I bought the truefire buckle release. After shooting that I didn't like the head but did like the head from a truball release so I put the head of the truball on the truefire and have shoot that for 2 years. The buckle of the truefire is great because they have it set up so you don't have to put the end through the buckle every time. I don't see why you couldn't do what they did to any buckle.

Food for thought if you decide to dump the velcro.
Old 06-24-2006, 01:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use a true fire with velcro and never notice any noise except for when I take it off. Its really not an issue for me.
Old 06-24-2006, 02:39 PM

well i returned my truball cyclone for a trufire stealth. you could hear the velcro make noise when i drew back, maybe it was because it wasn't broken in. Either way, the stealth is almost perfectly silent. So im happy with the buckle system a lot more. Plus, it seems to fit my wrist a lot better. The cyclone seemed a little small for a wrist. This stealth is much more comfortable.
Old 06-24-2006, 02:39 PM

The velcro on my release doesnt make any noise when i draw.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

i ahve no problem with noise during draw
Old 06-24-2006, 08:36 PM
Banned

I had one and they suck as they can make noise especially on a cold november AM. I swiched to a buckle and carry the velcro as a backup.
HCH[/align]
Old 06-24-2006, 08:39 PM

The buckle on my Carter Quickie catches on everything and I hate it. Sure wish I would have ordered a velcro like my wife's.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

once again the issue is as clear as

mud

Quick Reply: Velcro Releases

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.