My bow is a 2001 Martin Jaguar so I loosened 2 allen bolts and rottated..." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Can I move cable guard out to clear blazers??? >

Can I move cable guard out to clear blazers???

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Can I move cable guard out to clear blazers???

Old 06-20-2006, 02:35 AM

Default Can I move cable guard out to clear blazers???

Hey Guys and Gals ,
I just refletched my Easton alum 2216 with wraps and 2 inch Blazers. Problem is the inner vane is barely rubbing on my cable , causing arrow to go leftMy bow is a 2001 Martin Jaguar so I loosened 2 allen bolts and rottated my gaurd to clear vanes. Was this a good way to solve the problem?? Will this heart my bow in any way??
Thanks all , My knowledge and skills grow quite a bit thanks to everyone here and thier effort.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:28 AM

Default RE: Can I move cable guard out to clear blazers???

Not sure what cams you have but if you have the dual cams, you'll have to adjust the timing on your cams, as changing the cable guard puts more stress on the cables and changes the timing.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:54 AM

Is it possible to rotate your nocks? I know aluminum nocksare different from carbons so it might not be.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:27 AM

Thanks guys,
No my knocks cant rotate[:@]But I did movethe cable guard out slightly and my arrows are grouping really, really well , infact better than ever.
I thought it was all good but reading Jerry's post I dont want to stress out my bow . Would I change timing by twisting cables ? I'll do some research and yes , my Jaguar has dual Z-cams .
Thanks all for your idea's and knowledge

P.S. Never thought Id say I have a Jag with dual cams , in camo(like the car JAGUAR)
Old 06-25-2006, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

paka,

Without getting too technical here is an answer. The cable rod has two set-screws to tighten and is dog-legged for adjustability. So you adjust it where you need it and git to shootin. And being near the middle of the bow it will not knock your cams out of sync to any degree that you'll know it. The only real problem you may encounter is end serving wear at the point where the string wraps around the module when you draw the bow. Just keep an eye on it to make sure.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:45 AM

Thanks BGfisher ,
Only thing a little noticable is my bottom cam (Z Cams) seems to not be perfectly in line with my string , where the top still is . This would be came lean , correct ?? But its barely even noticable to the normal eye , is this O.K.?
I dont even want to alter anything on this Jaguar because it is tight right now, more dead on then ever B4 , but if a little tiny bit of lean is not good for my bow please shed any ideas guys.
Mahalo
Old 06-26-2006, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

paka,

Cam lean is never good and with a dual cam you should be able to correct it. Not so with single cams. You do need a bow press though. What you need to do is twist up the same side of your yoke cable as the direction of the lean. Sometimes a half twist is enough. Sometimes as many as five complete turns. It all depends.

If it's more than one tuen you may be able to twist one side and detwist the oppposite side. The tricky part gets to be that depending on how much your cables are twisted already it doesn't take too much to knock the cams out of sync. Then you end up retiming the cams. It's not hard. Just a bit tedious at times.
I do this stuff all the time with lots of bows (Martin's) just to play around with stuff.

OH, and to check the alignment after you twist up a cable yoke all you have to do is use an arrow (straight one) along the side of the cam alone the string. The string and arrow should run parallel.

Just remember what you change. That way you can always change it back if things go haywire. I ALWAYS WRITE things down.

Help any?

Barry
Old 06-27-2006, 01:41 AM

Thanks agin BGfisher