HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Anyone shoot Carbon Tech arrows? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/145572-anyone-shoot-carbon-tech-arrows.html)

Matchbook454 06-19-2006 08:15 PM

Anyone shoot Carbon Tech arrows?

Cheetahs or Whitetails? Just wondering what arrows (spine) and set up?

JOE PA 06-19-2006 08:46 PM

RE: Anyone shoot Carbon Tech arrows?

I am shooting Cheetah Hunters 65/80 from both of my bows which are 62-64# and 29.5" draw. Why 65/80s? I got them from a friend who thought they would be spined too heavy for his bow. They are way overspined for mine, according to the charts, and yet they shoot great! Maybe if I get a little more serious about 3D, I will get the 45/70 Cheetahs for more speed. Unlike any other all carbon I've shot, they are consistent, every one of the dozen shot well, even with broadheads. I see no difference in accuracy (broadhead or field point) between these and ACCs.

Matchbook454 06-20-2006 04:52 PM

I shoot Cheetah 400's which are the same as the 45/70's and they do fly great. the thing is if you look at their spine chart and use their draw weight calculator it's show's that I should shoot 65/80 or 300 spine arrows (due to arrow length, draw weight, hp cam, etc., draw weight comes out to like 75 - 80 or something like that.I think that for your draw you are at the high end for 45/70 and low end for 65/80. Have you paper tuned your bow though? Which kind of rest do you use? Sorry for all the questions but I'm just looking for as much imput as possible.

JOE PA 06-20-2006 09:17 PM

I have two bows that are both CPS syle cams, which tune very easily with a variety of spine. On the McPherson Edge, I have a Whisker Biscuit. On the Champion, I have a QAD Ultra rest. I have not paper tuned either bow, but I did bare shaft tune both bows with the Cheetahs, as well as ACC 3-60s which are also a bit of the stiff side. They both will shoot bare shafts straight and grouping with field points at 20 yards. I haven't tried it any farther out. The both shoot broadhead tipped arrows with field points out to 40 yards. If I ever have a chance to hunt out west where shots can be longer, maybe I'll get a little more anal about it.:D

BareBack Jack 06-21-2006 04:48 PM

Well Joe I hunt out west,I shoot the Cheeta hunter 65/80's they shot extreemly well out to 80 yards.
My set up is a Tribute set at 78 lbs with a Rip-cord fall away and the other is a Mathews SB 71 lbs with a WB DLX DP.
I have Blazer vanes and they are crested,shooting 100 field tips and wasp bullet heads.I havent weighed them yet but I'm guessing 380-390 grs.
BBJ

JOE PA 06-21-2006 08:03 PM

BBJ, that is great to hear. Very good arrows, aren't they?:D

ewolf 06-22-2006 07:29 PM

I shoot the cheetah 525 out of a constitution @ 54lbs. They are great. I have some of the McKinney 2 shafts that I'm going to try out, he promised that I would shoot tighter groups with them, we will see.