Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 ? for bisquit users >

? for bisquit users

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

? for bisquit users

Old 06-10-2006, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ? for bisquit users

Newman, what Carbon Techs are you using? I have the Cheetahs, and they can make a hiss when drawn. They do not seem as noisy when I am shooting 3D in the woods as when I am shooting indoors. ACCs are pretty quiet, but you can hear them just a little. Rubbing them down with wax makes them very quiet. Clean, smooth finish carbons like the Axis or Black Max are pretty much silent.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have to agree, have the larger diameter, or well use 230 shafts and hole is large, but no noise when drawing, something doesn't seem right. Not doubting but could it be something else seeming like it is the WB?
Old 06-11-2006, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really doubt it is the hole size. If it was, the smaller hole would make more noise. 95% sure it is just the arrow finish. I asked the ? about which Carbon Tech mostly because I really think highly of their arrow quality, but the Cheetahs I have do make noise when drawn, compared to other arrows I have. JL, the older Beman Hunter arrows, as well as the AFC carbons (I have 4 of these) are absolutely silent when drawn with my biscuit, which is the large size. Had the Biscuit or drop aways been available in the '90s, I may never have stopped shooting them. I remember a few years ago I was shooting Carbon Express camo arrows, and they were pretty quiet when drawn throught the Biscuit. I went to the shop to get another dozen, and they had a new camo pattern that was incredibly loud on the draw. I ended up selling them.[&:]
Old 06-11-2006, 05:43 AM

ORIGINAL: JOE PA

Newman, what Carbon Techs are you using? I have the Cheetahs, and they can make a hiss when drawn. They do not seem as noisy when I am shooting 3D in the woods as when I am shooting indoors. ACCs are pretty quiet, but you can hear them just a little. Rubbing them down with wax makes them very quiet. Clean, smooth finish carbons like the Axis or Black Max are pretty much silent.
I am shooting Whitetail XP's
Old 06-11-2006, 05:45 AM

I a shooting Goldtip 5575 through mine with the small hole and dont have any noise problems. Could your biscuit be out of square a little?
Old 06-11-2006, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gold tips here, and quiet as a mouse!!
Old 06-11-2006, 08:38 PM
Fork Horn

Newman1,

Try polishing your arrows with car polish.
I did that with the earlier goldtips, that were loud.
The carbontech finish is similar to the older goldtips.
The polish did a real good job of quieting the goldtips.

Old 06-12-2006, 11:29 AM

Thanks i will give it a shot,But last night i had a brainstorm[&:],I just got this bisquit off the net and have yet to get the bow tuned and have just been playin around due to being financially challenged at this time.My Allegiance is brand new and i have been using the release on the string using the nock and little rubber buttons that Bowtech had on there.I am starting to think that the nock point is not correct and when i draw it is forcing a little to much pressure on the arrow and making the arrow loud.When i draw with fingers only the arrows are deadly quiet.I guess i gotta suck it up and get into the shop
Old 06-12-2006, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just switched from a WB to a QAD ultra-rest... the first thing i noticed was how much quieter my draw was...
I shoot GT 5575's. Rather than spend money on new arrows, get a new rest. My accuracy improved greatly w/ a drop away (mostly became more consistent)... Many guys love the WB, I did, until i tried the QAD.last years model is on sale at cabelas bargin cave....
Old 06-12-2006, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get a new rest. Seems like the simplist solution to me!

Quick Reply: ? for bisquit users

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.