Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 50 to 60 or 60 to 70 >

50 to 60 or 60 to 70

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

50 to 60 or 60 to 70

Old 06-08-2006, 09:59 AM

Default RE: 50 to 60 or 60 to 70

If you're looking at an Allegiance, keep in mind that you'll have the option of the different modules. The fast mods to me seem to add about 4 more pounds to the "feel" of the bow while drawing. You might find that with the speed mods and at 60 pounds, you might want to back the limb bolts off for more comfort.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:32 AM

try them both...go with what your comfortable with...I shoot 75# and I am very comfortable with it....I know people who shoot 55# and that works just as good....efficeint shot placement is what kills deer!
Old 06-09-2006, 04:37 AM

It's best if you don't set your draw weight to any particular point. Set if to match the arrow you build. With most carbons, you want it slightly stiff. The only way you can get this, is to bare shaft test your arrows until you get the proper draw weight. It really doesn't matter what amount of energy is put into the arrow, but having it fly correctly is critically important.
Old 06-11-2006, 04:07 AM

Alright guys thanks for the information. My gut told me to go with the 50 to 60 pounder and shoot at 60.
I ran into a guy at a shoot yesterday who just purchased an Allegiance can't remember what weight he was shooting but he was telling me the speeds, of the different arrows holy crap that thing is smoking fast. Can't wait to get one.
Thanks again