HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Cobra Sidewinder Problem (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/143497-cobra-sidewinder-problem.html)

Justin 05-26-2006 08:30 AM

Cobra Sidewinder Problem

Over the past few weeks I've been taking my shooting a lot more seriously and surprisingly enough have actually gotten fairly decent at it. I broke my first 2 bobbers at 20 yards the other night at the local pro shop which was pretty cool.

My only concern is that my Cobra Sidewinder site keeps moving to the left no matter how tight I seem to get the screw the holds it in place. About every 20 shots or so I will notice I'm hitting about 1-2 inches to the left and when I look at my sight it's not in the same place. I don't get it - the thing is tight as can be and I can't move it by hand but it seems to just scoot over ever so slightly and then stop in the same spot. I look at the dovetail and it doesn't look like there's any grooves in it.

I would rather not spend the cash on a new site right now simply because I like the one I've got and it works great. Any tips or tricks on how the heck I can get this thing to stay put?? Moving it over one bar every 20 shots is getting to be a real pain in the butt.

TerryM 05-26-2006 08:34 AM

RE: Cobra Sidewinder Problem

I would contact Cobra's customer service directly and discuss it with them. I find that most companies have extremely good service policies and would be surprised if they didn't solve your issue with replacement parts of some kind.

Kanga 05-28-2006 09:19 PM

I would rather not spend the cash on a new site right now
Justin.

Dont be a tight wad pay the extra and get a Spott Hogg you know you want one;)

gibblet 05-29-2006 05:56 AM

i don't know about cobra's, but i think trophy ridge sights now come with super glue.

jim243SRC 05-29-2006 06:36 AM

the sidewinder comes with a clamp for the windage bar. the wing screws will not lock it in place, using a allen wrench helps. jim

mobow 05-29-2006 08:09 AM

That's the first I've heard of that. Our shop sells Cobra, and the Sidewinder is the most popular sight we sell. Something is obviously not right. Get hold of Cobra, I am most confident they'll take care of you.

MOTOWNHONKEY 05-29-2006 05:20 PM

Use some loc-tight.

turtleshell 05-31-2006 08:03 AM

I had the same problem with a Trophy Ridge sight once, I ended up getting it set right then super gluing it in place just so I could finish the season.Then one of the pins broke of when I got hung in some briars looking for a deer I shot. When the season ended I took the sightoff and threw it in the trash.I think now they put metal pins on them but that experience just turned me away from their products.I now have an Impact Archery sight and I love it. Contact Cobra, worth a try

Justin 05-31-2006 08:20 AM

I think I'm gonna start off with using an allen key to tighten the screw up and see if that works. I'm just not sure how tight I can get the screw with the wing nut. Should that fail, then I'll give Cobra a call and see what they say.

Maybe this is just fate's way of telling me I need to buy a G5 Optix site when they come out. :D

PABowhntr 05-31-2006 08:42 AM

Justin,

I have the same sight and experienced the same problem initially. Mine came with thumb"twisters" installed over the allen wrench screws. I actually used a wrench on the thumb tighteners to get it to lock down tight enough not to move. Haven't had a problem since. If it persists I would definitely contact Cobra. They willhook you up.Including the link to this thread may help......;)

:)