HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Drop away rests (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/141837-drop-away-rests.html)

Lifehog 05-07-2006 07:53 PM

Drop away rests

I cant decide which one i want to go with the Trophy ridge dropzone or the QAD ultra rest pro does anyone have any pros or cons with either of these two rests.
Thanks alot

hardcorehunter 05-07-2006 08:16 PM

RE: Drop away rests

I do know that there are no cons to the original and the best IMO, the Trophy Taker. Performs flawlessly.

Back 40 Tree Rat 05-07-2006 08:40 PM

I won't bash any product but I can tell you the Qad is a great rest and I have tried alot of different brands. Just test a few to see which you like best.

DaveC 05-08-2006 05:39 AM

I won't bash, but the Drop Zone is not perfect IMHO. It was making noise on my bow and still is to a small extent, the upgrade o-ring installation helped it alot but it's still not silent. But then again is any drop away totally silent?
Think so? turn it into a fixed rest (wedge some foam under the arm to hold it up)and shoot a bare shaft through it and see if your bow doesn't get quieter.
My Trophy Taker can be made to be quieter, but you have to "make " it quieter with some moleskined foam strategically placed here and there. But it still has a slap to it.

Never fooled with the quad, but just watched a video of one in action from their website and don't see how it can be silent either. The prongs come to a stop without hitting the riser or foam on the riser, so whatever is stopping the prongs (unless it's a small shock absorber) will most likely also have some prong baseto rest contact noise also.

I'm starting to think Bodoodle more and more each day myself.

Chupacabras 05-08-2006 06:40 AM

You might also want to check out the limbdriver rest from Vapor Trail.

bnzartman 05-08-2006 07:37 AM

Is Vital Bow Gear the only company that makes a drop away with 100% containment?

Grandviewer 05-08-2006 07:45 AM

I've used the Rip Cord fall away on two Mathews bows and they have worked flawlessly. Easy to adjust.
My .02

bowhunter79deer 05-08-2006 04:39 PM

I have a QAD ultra rest pro .I have had alot of problems with clearence and now its making a grinding noise when it comes intothe 90 degree position. I have had it for less then a year. in my opion its a piece of crap not worth the money. I just ordered the muzzy zero effect for the hoyts Ill see how that works.

Sagittarius 05-08-2006 06:08 PM

I use the HTM drop-away and have not seen its equal construction wise.
Built like a battleship, quiet, and tunes easily.
Used a Black Frog double mount plate to secure it to my riser.
It might be too massive for some but I like its size just fine.
The Limb Driver and Warrior drop-away rests are great too.

Sag.

Sagittarius 05-08-2006 06:13 PM

The Warrior is a sleeper and an awesome drop-away.

Sag.