Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Help with ARROWS!!!! >

Help with ARROWS!!!!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Help with ARROWS!!!!

Old 04-30-2006, 07:05 PM
Spike

Default Help with ARROWS!!!!

Right now I am shooting gold tip XP hunter 55/75 but I would like to shoot some better arrows. Mt buddy shots the fmj arrows and I like them but I don't know much about them or if they are any better. Also a buddy of mine shoots the carbon areos and they fly really good in my bow that is a Hoyt V-tec set at 70 lbs. All the info that i can get would really help and if you know of some other arrows that are really good PLEASE sare them with me. THANK YOU!
Old 05-01-2006, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Help with ARROWS!!!!

I'll try and give you something-

First off what's wrong with the Goldtip Xt's?
are they not flying right? are there quality issue's?

A lot of people shoot Goldtip Xt's and like'em plenty.
Is there a possibly a spine issue your fighting?

As for myself I'm fond of the beman arrows. Black ICS hunters to be exact.

I'm not too sure there are any BAD arrows out there, get the spine right for your set-up and you should be shootin' just fine.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:04 PM

If you want some "really good ones" as you say, go with either A/C/C, Axis (NOT FMJ) or Gold Tip Pro Hunters. Oh, another is the Carbon Express Maxima. Speaking from experience, I would say the A/C/C is the best arrow on the market.

As far as the FMJ and the Axis, we did some testing and the FMJ isn't as tough and didn't penetrate as well as the Axis.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Without having any specs of your setup other than the peak weight it's not really accurate to make a suggestion. I will say this. The XT's are as good or better than any of the Easton all carbon arrows if you read the advertised specs. As for the FMJ's, I really haven't any expereience with them except to tell you they will be substantially heavier than your XT's, thus slower speed.

I'll give you a hint if you are having flight problems. Turn the bow down to 65# and see how much better they shoot, If you feel you must shoot 70# then you'd be better served with the XT 7595.

As for pure quality I can only repeat what mobow said and suggest ACC's, regardless of price. They are as good an arrow as a bowhunter can get for his suited purpose. When comparing top-of-the-line all carbons against ACC's the cost difference is minimal.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:51 PM
Banned

My favorite is my current which is carbon express maxima 350 shooting out of a 70# Hoyt Trycon 29'' arrow length. They have cross weave technology and really perform well for me. I like them better then the beman ics hunter that I had been shooting for the last two years. Most arrows are going to perform well as long as you have the right spine with the right length and poundage that you are shooting. I just think that these maximas are a step above other arrows I have tried. http://www.carbonexpressarrows.com/arrows_maxima.shtml