Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 How important is paper tuning? >

How important is paper tuning?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How important is paper tuning?

Old 04-19-2006, 02:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How important is paper tuning?

Am I blind? I don't see anywhere in his post where he mentioned string creep. Just curious.
Not sure what you mean. See below:

Take all the vital measurements for any future adjustments you may need to make such as brace height, A2A, peak weight, nocking point height and peep and kisser height from the nocking point. Also mark the side of the cam where it passes through the bottom limb so you will be able to tell if you are getting string creep (and if it's factory rigging you will have string creep over time).

As for keeping string creep in check, I have had this bow almost a year now, when should I replace the factory string, and what with? What's a good, economic string I could use? I'm a huge fan of 3-d shooting, but ultimately hunting is what matters most. I know what my brace height is, but where exactly do I measure to/from?