Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Lumenok

Old 03-29-2006, 07:53 PM

Default Lumenok

I was wondering if these things are woth the money, i think that the idea is great but i am not sure about the performace. I need some help on wether to buy them or not.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:07 PM

Default RE: Lumenok

Alot of guys here use them and love them. I love lighted nocks, just not lumenoks. I use archers flame. Only problem here is I don't think they make them for the Axis as yet....
Old 03-29-2006, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I to have been looking at the illuminated nocks, but I am still a little confused as to how they work. When do they turn on or are they on the whole time? I spent a lot on camo so the idea of having a little light on me the whole time is a little concerning. I know that some in this fine community can shed some light on this for me.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:33 PM

Three problems I see with them:
1. They aren't legal for archery only hunts in AK
2. Instead of potentially losing a $20 arrow it becomes a $30 arrow.
3. Two out of three of my girlfriend's Luminoks failed to work right out of the box.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:31 PM

I bought the set of three for $30.00.

Here's the rundown on performance:

Nock 1: After about 10 shots, it shattered when I released and (thankfully) my arrow left clean, but petered out before it got to my block.

Nock 2: Intermittent performance. Sometimes it worked perfect, when you shoot the light comes on and stays on. But about 40% of the time, the light would never come on. I bought them so I wouldn't lose an arrow at night, but ifit only works 60% of shots, that's not good enough for me.

Nock 3: Works good so far. But I'm leary of shooting them after the other one shattered. I've only used it once since then.

So..., to me, they are not worth the money. I tried to take them back to Cabelas, and they wouldn't let me return/exhange them. Talk about standing behind your products.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:05 PM

Why would Cabela's take them back??They are not their product.Send them back to Burt Coyote.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:48 PM

Newman- I would think Cabelas would take them back because they sold them. When I worked at Bass Pro Shops, we took products back if they were defective/customer not satisfied. I assumed Cabelas would do the same. I'll check into sending them back to Burt Coyote. Thanks for the advice.

Have you ever used Luminocks? If so, do you like them? I think it's a great idea- I may have just gotten a bad batch.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:42 AM

I wrote a letter to Burt Coyote along with one of the Nocks that did not work. Mind you that it took about $100 of waste before I wrote the letter it was short and sweet just detailing what problems I have had with the nocks and that I was upset with wasting so much money ina product that I really like.
Now comes the fun part!

I left my phone # in the letter if they wanted to call for anything well he did the owner called me and just starting yelling at me and said I was bashing him and his life he said I was not a man for writing a letter (what?). Long story short his is a punk and once we found out that I worked in the industry and I was not going to sit on the phone and take is sh!the changed his tune which is BS I am a customer first.
I just said that I would never buy anything again from some one that did not think writing in detail withwhat the problems were and returning the nock was not "Professional" he said UNREAL I could not belive it. So don't write a letter you will get yelled!! LOL.

Now after using both LumNocks and ArchersFlame
Archers Flame is a much better product if you want to use lighted nocks they awesome.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:47 AM
Spike

I bought 2 off a friend and when I installed them they were loose in my Bemans,so I used the little strips of paper they give you and tried them out.75% of the time they either didnt light up or lit up only to go out when they hit the target.So I e-mailed Burt Coyote and he said that I had the wrong ones that the ones I had were for the carbon express arrows ICQ nocks or something like that and that he would mail me 2 of there super nocks this was last Friday I received them Monday included was a postage paid envelope to mail the others back.So as far as standing behind there product they did so.Shot them yesterday and the both workedeverytime 25 shots each.
Old 03-31-2006, 03:47 PM
Typical Buck

I just made some homemade ones this past week and they work great. I think they are actually brighter than the lumenoks i had in the past. The only downfall is that after you shoot you have to take out the nock and turn off the light. Not a big problem though.

Zach

Quick Reply: Lumenok

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.