Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

arrow questions

Old 03-29-2006, 07:06 PM

Default arrow questions

All of my arrows except for 2 have pieces of the fletching peeling off and some pieces broken off. How badly does that affect my accuracy? Also i play on taking them off and getting new fletching put on my arrows along with new nocks and some arrow wraps. How much will the Quickspin vanes and new nocks affect my accuracy?

Any answers appreciated!![/align]
Old 03-29-2006, 07:38 PM

Default RE: arrow questions

I shot the quickspins last year and they got crinkled very quickly but they also fly very good if you keep them in good condition. I shot two deer with these and the vanes were still on and fine just needed to be cleaned. I would have to say that the bohning blazers put up the same accuracy but are a little bit more durable.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:23 PM

Well, actually if they are just slightly torn they will still work pretty good. I don't like the Quickspins, they just haven't very durable for us at the shop. Blazers on the other hand.....they are awesome!
Old 03-29-2006, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like it's time to take your arrows in and have them refletched. Most places will do it for about a buck or two an arrow. This would be a good time to try blazers. They fly great, weigh less and are tough as hell. While you're at it you might as well replace all your nocks. If one blows on you it can be almost like a dry fire. Again, they are cheap. Better yet buy yourself a jig and do it yourself. You will definitely see a difference in your groups especially with broadheads. Quick spins are heavy and extremely fragile not to mention very expensive.