Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

MERLIN

Old 04-04-2006, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: MERLIN

They sure are some great looking bows and i have heard they are of the highest quality--might have to see if i can test drive one this summer.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:10 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: gibblet

you have to be careful and seal the grip. there's something in it that leaks onto your hand and turns you into and arse.
I think there are a fewother manufacturers'loyal fansthat suffer from this malady far worse than Merlins' does, but we won't mention any names out of RESPECT.

It would be nice if they in turn showed some also.

Old 04-04-2006, 06:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

you have to be careful and seal the grip. there's something in it that leaks onto your hand and turns you into and arse. there seems to be about 10% of merlin shooters that are immune to its effects, but better safe than sorry.
I think there are a fewother manufacturers'loyal fansthat suffer from this malady far worse than Merlins' does, but we won't mention any names out of RESPECT.

It would be nice if they in turn showed some also.
On a personal note I think that Gibblet's quote is out of line. Anyone who knows anything about archery and brand loyalty knows that there is a something in EVERY bow manufacturers grips that when leaked out causes them to turn into arses (probably a more accurate statement would be to say "brought out what is already there")......there seems to be about a 5-10% standard across the board.

Unfortunately that small percentage is usually the most vocal and annoying.......believe me there are times when I wish I could send telepathic messages to a very small percentage of our supporters when it's clear a large amount of that grip juice has leaked out.

That said, Merlin certainly makes a fine piece of equipment with some quality people associated with them, they deserve the same attention and head to head comparison as any manufacturer when considering a new bow. It's unfortunate that many won't due to a real or perceived lack of opportunity.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:12 AM

oh matt, i'm touched, you're thinking about me.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:23 AM
Typical Buck

gibblet,

I have nothing to say against you.
You said, my bow is beautiful so you're ok with me. LOL
Seriously though, have you seen a new Merlin in person ?
I believe, you would think they're pretty cool if you did.
Well maybe you would.
I used to tout the Accu-Riser more than I should and probably turned a few off to it.
Maybe, the grip leaked out on me too.

Sag.

Old 04-04-2006, 08:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

I knew you would be Gib, you're welcome.......
Old 04-04-2006, 09:08 AM

now i can take some ribbing, and give it, and it was a little jab at the shooters, not the bows.i sure hope they can take it. if you dig up pinwheels announcement thread about the '06 merlins you'll see i'm one of the first ones to comment on how beautiful they are. and every time sag posts a pic of that accu-riser my tongue pops out of my mouth and i tell him its one of the nicest looking bows i've ever seen.

pin knows i've contacted him wondering where i could get my hands on one to shoot.

so, please, give me a shot in the ribs, and for pete's sake don't take any wise cracks i say personal. i surely don't mean them that way.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope Im in the 10% , I know as far as intellegence goes ,,,, well you get the picture
Old 04-04-2006, 08:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Pinwheel 12

Rob-

Closest Merlin dealer to you is about a2 hr Sundaydrive:

Jab's Custom Arrows
2267 Warner School Rd
East Greenville, PA 18041
Contact Jack (215) 679-4673
He should have some in stock.

If you get a chance, try one. Likebbahunter says, you will likely buy it, so be ready....
Thanks Pinwheel12, after following your posts over these years, I've been anxious to shoot the Merlins...in fact I would have added them to the list of Allegiance, Tribute, Trykon and Switchback I just put through paces for a couple hours and bought the Trykon only to put it back and take the Allegiance.....The Merlin line appears awesome. Thanks again...
Old 04-05-2006, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

How about some pics to show everyone what they have this year?

Quick Reply: MERLIN

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.